Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Telephony Provider

• 03-04-2005 12:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for a service similar to Skype for making PC to Phone calls to mostly Spain, Uk and US.

Does anone know what the cheapest solution is, Skype calls are about 1.7 Euro Cent = to €0.017

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

You can try blueface. I already use a VoIP service for my international calls, and the quality is great. If you buy yourself an ATA, you can plug your regular phone into the BB router, and you don't even need the PC to make calls. I got a Granstream HT286, and it works great.

For more details on VoIP, see this article.

One last thing: if you constantly make phone calls to someone who also has broadband, I definitely recommend signing up to FWD. Quality is a lot better than Skype, and you can call other VoIPs as well.

Cheers,
    JP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

I'd recommend Blueface too.
    I use them for all my voice calls, no landline at all.

I think their rates are better than Skype, you can check the blueface rates here

Also, blueface are Irish - so you can make calls to 1800, 1890 etc. numbers.

hth,
    causal

Advertisement