Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on site

Options
  • 03-04-2005 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Just after finishing (well just events page left) a site for a fund raising event for breast cancer.
    Its not very clear its a fund raising thing at all I know, must get content to mention that.

Any suggestions?

Donal/Webmonkey

EDIT: Forgot the bloody link: http://www.kerrypages.com/stephenie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Do you have a link or will I have to check the tarot cards???

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

sorry :) ^^Its above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

you're probably not responsible for content but the site says nothing about them except that they are a 'dedicated and motivated team'.

is there any point having the 'about us' and 'contact us' menu options duplicated only about 70 pixels away from the originals in the top right corner?

the light grey sub-heading text is hard to read against the white background.

on the plus side, it has a clean and crisp layout with minimal fuss.

Thanks for that.
    Yeah its impossible to know what the site is about at the moment. You got a point by the two links right beside eachother. Might take off tomorrow.
    The later it gets into the night the harder that grey text is to read, will do something about it in the morning.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Both their email addresses point to Stefanies on the contact page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

If you're going for the fixed layout you could probably do with making it about 100px wider (at least) - it looks absolutely tiny here, and I'm on 1024x768 (laptop).

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭seo-ireland

The main image i.e. the clouds image, is 80KB in size. A bit of optimization is needed on that image, you should be able to get it down to less than 10KB.

I would link the logo back to the home page and maybe increase the main font size as well.

Nice looking site though. Good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

What do they do??
    Why is it so pink?
    It looks a bit lost in the middle of my screen by the way.
    No w3c warnings :)

blacknight wrote:
    No w3c warnings :)

Thats a first for me ;)

Reason its pink - I was told it had to be pink, best I could do with the colour pink :rolleyes:

It does look a bit small alright, will increase it by 100 pix later on as suggested above already.
    What do they do? I know i forget myself, the site doesn't say a thing on what they do, i'm waiting on content so it will be more clear then. Will put some sign somewhere. By way they raise money for this organisation. The link on the homepage will give you more info.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Very nice monkey :)
    Its clear to the point.. maybe a little small
    (but then again I'm running at 2048x1436)

Very nice site, Good job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

kjt wrote:
    Very nice monkey :)
    Its clear to the point..

What IS the point though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Site is quite nice... looks good mate. Points already made... content, text colour, links in top right (maybe put a number in up there or something to fill)... but in general attractive site. Good job! :D

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

By point I mean, The point of any website ... to look good, convey a sense of interest in the site and making it look good. Not the context ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

the pink is too bright, looks like a glow in the centre of my screen - you may want to consider darkening it a bit. other than that it looks nice, but a bit too small for my liking. you should have set the width of the main content table to 779 pixels so that it fits nice on a 800 * 600 screen and looks even better on a 1024 * 768+ screen. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks guys. Will do changes when i get a chance. Cheers!

Advertisement