Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Random task banned?

Options
  • 03-04-2005 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

I have just noticed the thread from prison,Patricks a nice fela and has helped greatly in the fs mobiles section.Just wanting to know thanks....
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I got the distinct impression from that thread in prison that he's not banned and that him and ecksor are the best of buddies...

[/Moriarty]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Its a pity.He was great in the mobiles section.He unlocked/fixed phones for free,

Why was he banned?Its not very clear on the thread only threatening??

Trading it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

banned for trading, threatening to break someones knees, creating an alternative account to circumvent a ban, by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

More like 20 accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Sounds like a right charmer..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Another perosn banned

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

He prob wants you to setup a thread so people will say how "great" he is. It clearly states no trading allowed if people cant read the rules there its there out though luck.

• Advertisement

I say alot of people. But being honest i think lot of people found him helpful in some cases, so might not want him to get in more trouble?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Come on lads, seriously, if what has been claimed about this guy is true, he's lucky it hasn't been reported to the gardi. Treantening to knee cap/break legs, of someone is a criminal offense and when it's in connection to protection business interests its all hte more serious. The guy is low life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Why did he threaten to break someone's legs [online]? Was it because they were a competitor for business? Was it a realistic threat, by which I mean did he know who this person was and how to find them, or was it a typical dumb example of "internet-rage"?

The links to hios company should be deleted I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I have a report from a user that you threatened to break his legs after he pointed out that you were trading on the FS forums, which is against the rules.

Considering that you were signing up accounts at that point to give him abuse and the usernames were basically threats in themselves, any denial of that does not seem plausible. You claim you love boards.ie

This is what ecksor wrote on the prison thread. ability to carry out a threat is besides the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

he has done lots of things for free for other ppl here on boards and i think he is an asset to the place

gulp wrote:
    he has done lots of things for free for other ppl here on boards and i think he is an asset to the place

An Asset?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Id say he means hes helped greatly in the forums you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

gulp wrote:
    I noticed he said this
    GoneShootin had a Nokia 3510i for sale here for €5, I pm'd him asap and told him if he wanted he could post it up to me and I could try a fix it for him,
    which goes with what you're saying about helping people.

But then he said, in the same sentence, this
    , if I couldn't fix it I told him I don't charge

I tend to define 'help' by describing it as an act that deserves no payment. This is debatable as a general argument but I think in a country that has a large amount of mobile phone repair companies what random task offered as help should really be defined as a "service".

Barrie wrote:
    I have just noticed the thread from prison,Patricks a nice fela and has helped greatly in the fs mobiles section.Just wanting to know thanks....

Here is an incomplete list of the accounts of his which have been banned:

C3PO
    irish1 is a rat
    SunShine
    Irish1 Killer
    the fight is on
    Mr. M
    Our_Mobiles@msn
    Just Do it ?
    J-537
    Mad Hatter
    Nemesis The Red
    ¬!"£$%^&*()_+
    Johngreen
    5togo
    our_mobiles
    Daniel1
    Nice Guy 1
    FT77
    Iwontbhere4long
    EADCYCLO
    Cyriacus
    blow_pipe_05

• Advertisement

That a fair old list. Is there not some way of banning an ip? but i suppose he can use another computer then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

ecksor wrote:
    Here is an incomplete list of the accounts of his which have been banned:

C3PO
    irish1 is a rat
    SunShine
    Irish1 Killer
    the fight is on
    Mr. M
    Our_Mobiles@msn
    Just Do it ?
    J-537
    Mad Hatter
    Nemesis The Red
    ¬!"£$%^&*()_+
    Johngreen
    5togo
    our_mobiles
    Daniel1
    Nice Guy 1
    FT77
    Iwontbhere4long
    EADCYCLO
    Cyriacus
    blow_pipe_05

Bought a phone from the above name Madhatter,bought it for a mate which i forked out my own money to get it for him,phone was a right off.Took him for face value didnt really check phone out but when i got home the screen looked like it was on its last legs to name a few which was wrong with it.Also just noticed "Our_Mobiles@msn" this was on the phone as a greeting when it started up.This was another of his websites i think.

After i got phone he was banned and i tried to get his number again(which i deleted)it was an 085 something.I asked a mod why he was banned and a few boards members,they all said he was dodgy as Fcuk!.

Here are the details if ya need to contact him about the phone madm

phonexpo

Tallaght

Dublin 24

Mobile: 087 205 70 96

Telephone: (01) 414 68 90

E-Mail: ****_@msn.com & ****@dublin.com

MSN: ****_@msn.com

Thanks powerhousedan but this was lastyear or longer,so phone is in Cellular heaven longtime.I've put it down to experience and always check the goods no matter how long it takes.

Poor phone. I'll say a prayer. Bad one about being ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The thread in Prison is hilarious. The message just ain't gettin through there at all..

BuffyBot wrote:
    The thread in Prison is hilarious. The message just ain't gettin through there at all..

I'd have banned him for his grammer :eek: ...

Quote by you RanDom_tAsk

mad m !

I never meet you before, you post on the feedback forum is a lie !

I meet a mate of yours before leef23, but as far a meetting you it never happend !

Like I've also said some of those name that are put up on that thread where not mine, more lies !

Well ive just got off phone with leef23 and it was lastyear sometime you meet him also.Still driving the same black micra then patrick,,,thanks for letting me know that you meet up with leef23.

• Advertisement

I think it's an Internet law that people who complain about grammar can't spell the word.

Then someone else follows up pointing this out.

Then someone else follows up pointing out that that doesn't have anything to do with their grammar, it's their spelling and therefore there's no hypocrisy but then the reply is along the lines that well it's the general principle of the thing that the person was so critical when they're not perfect themselves and so on and so forth.

I just thought I'd nip that one in the bud.

Advertisement