Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Random task banned?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

ecksor wrote:
    I think it's an Internet law that people who complain about grammar can't spell the word.

/me shrinks into corner.... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

well lads to be honest. Randon_Task seems to be very well thought of across boards and I would like to point out that the message that he sent about breaking someones legs could have been altered in many ways so give him a chance!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

ecksor wrote:
    I think it's an Internet law that people who complain about grammar can't spell the word.

Then someone else follows up pointing this out.

Then someone else follows up pointing out that that doesn't have anything to do with their grammar, it's their spelling and therefore there's no hypocrisy but then the reply is along the lines that well it's the general principle of the thing that the person was so critical when they're not perfect themselves and so on and so forth.

I just thought I'd nip that one in the bud.

The body of a child with the eyes of an old man.

Such cynicism in one so young, and with such a low post count.

In other news just checkec prison, and the pettiness of him deleting other posts of his thread kind of reminds you Lear. When he's all crazy, desperately clinging onto the last vestige of imaged power. It's really kind of sweet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'd forgotten about this one. I suppose he'll deny this was him too: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153048

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Randon_Task seems to be very well thought of across boards

I wouldn't go quite that far. There seems to be certain parties who are none to impressed with him!

• Advertisement

mycroft, which deleted posts do you mean?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

do you have a link to this thread please????

steveland? wrote:
    /me shrinks into corner.... :o

Don't mind me, it just seems like a commonly repeated thread is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

@RandomTask. looking through the prison forum and you said i was a trader. Never one traded in my live i sell things like everyone else does on boards. monthly clearout. So dont go there Just face the facts your banned get over it and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

To be honest hes a great guy. I seriously doubt he was going to break someones kneecaps.

Dont tell me youve NEVER said anything bad in a fit of anger. I have. Doesnt mean I mean it.

He helped out quite a bit on the board and I think it would be fair to say he never scammed anyone with the phones he sold under the name random task.

Dont think he should be banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

So what exactly do you think is a banable offense, actually breaking someone's legs? No one gives a bollix if he's a nice chap, he comes accross as a thug.

Btw the continued harassment of Irish1 was not in the heat of the moment.

Boston wrote:
    So what exactly do you think is a banable offense, actually breaking someone's legs? No one gives a bollix if he's a nice chap, he comes accross as a thug.

Would have to agree there

Well sorry I did not know that, I was only basing my opinon on that he was banned for that particular statement which is what someone suggested.

Anyway, its all up to the moderators, what can anyone else do anyway but give their opinion

Is that not enough. I'll spell it out to you, if i walked up to you, in a fit or anger or otherwise, and threatened to smash your face in, or break your legs, you would be well within your rights to go down to your local garda station and reports me. Hey I might not get charged with anything, but certainly get a warning. Now just because it's on the internet, this guy should be forgiven and let off because you say he's a nice guy?

Now just because it's on the internet

Thats exactly it. It IS the internet. He cant reach down the phone line and break your teeth. If someone threatened to smash my face in in front of me, Id have a fair inclination to go down the the station.

If someone says it to me on boards.ie or any other web based chat - this is what i say - :rolleyes:

Anyway, I dont want to get into an argument over this, its hardly worth it. The mods did their job as they saw fit - end of topic.

If your lucky Tom might tell you about all the people that thought what they posted on boards was "Just on the internet", only to have it come back and btye them in the ass.

I'm not going to argue the praticallity of breaking the legs of someone you've never met. Cause frankly if someone really wanted to track you down they can. Most threats are issued without intents or ability the carry out the threats, they are there to intimidate people, and that is something the society has deemed un acceptable and so has boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Boston wrote:
    I'm not going to argue the praticallity of breaking the legs of someone you've never met. Cause frankly if someone really wanted to track you down they can. Most threats are issued without intents or ability the carry out the threats, they are there to intimidate people, and that is something the society has deemed un acceptable and so has boards.

I don't think saying something over the net has the same effect as saying it in person. Lots of remarks/insults are made on the net that are throwaway or that people wouldn't actually say if they were face to face with the other person.

He deserves the ban for the abuse and ripping people off but I wouldn't be too worried about the 'threat'.

Lot's of people insult and rip other people off over the internet, but they wouldn't do it to somebodies face either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Your mother is ugly Boston.

Its just that easy folks.

He helped out quite a bit on the board and I think it would be fair to say he never scammed anyone with the phones he sold under the name random task.

Ah, but you don't just get to plead schizophrenia because you've come back as a different name. Even if he had turned over a new leaf, the guy is in the business of selling mobile phones. Such individuals are not wanted on the FS Mobiles forum. Also, he has admitted that he uses the forums to solicit business (although he calls this "helping"), so he doesn't have a lot of plausibility for claiming that he's only selling phones "personally".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

ecksor wrote:
    mycroft, which deleted posts do you mean?

He mentioned deleting posts on his thread from supporters etc
    ie
    powerhousedan !

I removed the post you posted on my forum.

Sorry if i misunderstood the rules, I don't really get how people post on the prison forum and how it all works......

I don't think powerhousedan was supporting him though. Anyway, he means that he deleted a post that powerhousedan made on the forums belonging to him.

Not at old, i dont support Randomtask at all. but Hands up i did post on his forum. Sorry :o. p.s he sold me Real Fake nokia covers, silver. now they are black the number have faded away and actually covers is now black it faded away. he said i could send them back, but being honest i just dont trust him. Prob Break my legs :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Unlockmyphone

This post has been deleted.

Ye I received the exact same email last Sunday cause I joined up on his forum.

From ****_@msn.com ()
    Sent Sunday, April 3, 2005 3:23 am
    To ****_@msn.com ( Members)
    Cc
    Bcc
    Subject Are you a boards.ie member ?
    If so will you help get me back on the site ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=241481&goto=newpost

Regards,

The Team
    http://****.suddenlaunch3.com/index.cgi

I have just seen this site - http://www.scammersonline.org

check out the Gsm Scammers link on the left hand side. Randomtask is listed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

I have just seen this site - http://www.scammersonline.org

check out the Gsm Scammers link on the left hand side. Randomtask is listed here.
    thats a fairly racist site , isnt it?

just look at the polls...

Its the people who make the votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Its the people who make the votes.

the owner posts the polls however,
    Should Nigerians be locked up in cages?
    Yes
    No
    Of course
    Definitly
    Without hesatition
    Only the over 18s
    fairly one sided answers tbh

flagmap.bmp

interesting attitude,

and he only has two scammers, both from ireland?
    is this your site / do you have some personal thing going on?

Go to the images page and you will see alist of scammer from Nigeria and Uganda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gir

Chalk wrote:
    the owner posts the polls however,

fairly one sided answers tbh

flagmap.bmp

interesting attitude,

The site owner does have a valid point though.

Advertisement