Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo DS Games

Options
  • 03-04-2005 9:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

I bought my DS yesterday, but as I got it in Xtra Vision, they had no games apart from Mario 64 ds for sale, which I have no interest in.

So out of the other games available, who has played all the other launch titles and can comment on them? I plan buying one of them next week!

The DS is so awesome, and the price is cheaper then the first release of the GBA... :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I'm considering getting one soon, several of my friends have one. They all tell me that Metroid multiplayer is "Bliss", so maybe you should give that a go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

None of my friends have a DS, yet anyway, they are all mostly sony fanboys in firm support of the PSP :)

I have one friend who likes the GBA and is getting an SP anyway, might be able persuade him grab the DS instead :p

Played the demo last night, it seems okay, but I never did like Metroid. The control is awesome though, using the touchscreen...

When Advance Wars DS comes out, I'm going to just have to quit my job...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

wario ware is very good fun but short enough, driller spirits is supposed to be fantastic while you should avoid asphalt gt like the plague.

Best place to get games is DVDsoon, got sm64 ds and warioware for €44 from them.

No multiplayer in Wario Ware???

But that usually forms the core of mini games!! :(

Thats really disappointing i have to say. Asphalt GT, just an N-Gage port, don't think I'll be buying that....

Spiderman 2, any of you played that? Am interested to know if its entirely free roaming, like a micro version of the console one, or is it like a 2d ish game with some 3d sections? Back of the box shows both, so its hard to tell what the game is like as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have Spiderman II and its a basic side scrolling beat em up with web slining.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

yeh ,despite all of the furore around the psp launch I'll be going for a ds first myself, as far as racing games go..I reckon I'll be waiting for an f-zero ds, apart from that tho there's just something very attractive about the ds and I figure if they can produce games that make use of the touch screen truly..they'll be really onto a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Polarium is a good puzzle game. It has multiplayer ability as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I bought my DS yesterday, but as I got it in Xtra Vision, they had no games apart from Mario 64 ds for sale, which I have no interest in.

So out of the other games available, who has played all the other launch titles and can comment on them? I plan buying one of them next week!

The DS is so awesome, and the price is cheaper then the first release of the GBA... :)

You bought a DS and have no interest in Mario DS? whats the point in buying it then?, the rest of the games are not that great

You bought a DS and have no interest in Mario DS? whats the point in buying it then?

I owned an N64, GBA, and a old nes. Never bought any mario games, and I didnt exactly feel like anything was missing....

I am waiting for some new games to come out, until then, I think I will buy Warioware.

Pretty stupid comment you made there, tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

To be honest I wouldn't be a big fan of mario games either (owner of N64 and snes and SP), Don't get me wrong they technically brilliant, beautiful and fun but I don't like the genre. Saying that I did get mario ds and it is very enjoyable, even if I'm just using it to warrent the purchase of the ds until mario kart arrives.

The lineup of games to be released this year is mouth watering: Advancewars DS, Mario Kart DS, Metroid DS, Bomberman DS.

I'm also hoping for some sort of Goldeneye port. Does anyone know if there is one planned?? Think of the multiplayer *drools*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MobileInfantry and sprinkles, I don't know how you could ever say that your lives are complete. At least sprinkles is part way along the path of enlightenment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

sprinkles wrote:
    The lineup of games to be released this year is mouth watering: Advancewars DS, Mario Kart DS, Metroid DS, Bomberman DS.

Don't forget Electroplankton, Band Brothers, Nintendogs etc.
    sprinkles wrote:
    I'm also hoping for some sort of Goldeneye port. Does anyone know if there is one planned?? Think of the multiplayer *drools*

seeing as how rare is now owned by microsoft - I doubt it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

sprinkles wrote:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=237376&highlight=goldeneye

8 player mutiplay but not an N64 port...

goldaoe.jpg

Rogue Agent looks interesting, but ONLY if they actually reworked it, the Xbox version was apalling! An original Goldeneye port would be awesome but seeing as MS own Rare now I can't exactly see it happening....same with perfect dark :(

Age of Empires 2 looks great and as for Advance Wars DS.....

My social life will cease to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

forgot to mention meteos, looks really good.

Don't like what EA tend to do to games and the reviews of rouge agent where appauling so I think I'll give it a miss.

Why would microsoft object to rare releasing a game for the DS, they don't have an interest in the handheld market and it would boust incomes for rare.

Why would microsoft object to rare releasing a game for the DS, they don't have an interest in the handheld market and it would boust incomes for rare

Also boost incomes for Nintendo, and keep them in the gaming market as an active competitor!

BTW - who owns the right to Turok? Havent Acclaim disappeared now? Turok on the DS could be interesing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,399 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have been playing Turok recently on the N64 and age has not been kind to it. Apart from the fantastic death animations it really is just average.

I'd love to see rare do goldeneye on the ds but it probably won't happen. Rare are under the microsoft banner but are actively making GBA games so maybe there is some hope.

I'd love to see rare do goldeneye on the ds but it probably won't happen. Rare are under the microsoft banner but are actively making GBA games so maybe there is some hope.

Really? I did not know that. Ignore my previous statement, then! Goldeneye on the DS would be untouchable, the PSP would be hard pressed to find something to match it!

Its amazing how well that game still holds up even today, it was just of those games you went to your friends house just to play!

Turok on the PC is still an okay game, but yes I played Turok 2 on the N64 recently, not very pretty, bad draw distance...still, a classic regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Retr0gamer wrote:

But EA have the James Bond license, don't they? Maybe the best we could hope for is a Perfect Dark port to the DS.

• Advertisement

But EA have the James Bond license, don't they?

And unfortunately they make a mockery of Rares good name. The World is not enough was somewhat quite good for its day, but Nightfire and Agent under fire were pitiful.

The World is not enough was developed by Blackops, which made the awesome Medal of Honour games on psx :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

I owned an N64, GBA, and a old nes. Never bought any mario games, and I didnt exactly feel like anything was missing....

I am waiting for some new games to come out, until then, I think I will buy Warioware.

Pretty stupid comment you made there, tbh.

Ill probably buy a DS when advance wars DS comes out, it looks really good, but there is not much out at the moment that looks good, and stupid or not the consensus at the moment is that Mario DS is the best launch game, and the rest are not the best

Yeah, but I'm just going to wait a small while until something I like comes out. I think the launch titles are not very good at all, maybe for some but I think overall its poor.

I did however pick up F-Zero and Mario Advance today really cheap second hand, so that'll do me a while. Having backwards compatibiblity is awesome, there are so many GBA games that are worth buying!

Advertisement