Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony PSP Qs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

just wondering did any one get Twisted Metal: Head On
    i always loved those twisted metal games

just wondering is it any good

http://psp.ign.com/articles/597/597447p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

nscx look great
    gonna buy psp, soon as credit card gets here

UPS Ground $7.70
    UPS 3 Day Select $7.70
    UPS 2nd Day Air $10.90
    UPS Next Day Air $19.75
    USPS Express Mail $21.05

what shipping ? anyone who bought psp from this, get caught by customs ? how much.

thanking

Placebo wrote:
    nscx look great
    gonna buy psp, soon as credit card gets here

UPS Ground $7.70
    UPS 3 Day Select $7.70
    UPS 2nd Day Air $10.90
    UPS Next Day Air $19.75
    USPS Express Mail $21.05

what shipping ? anyone who bought psp from this, get caught by customs ? how much.

thanking

once you select ireland as destination, they choose USPS Global priority shipping for you. Its really fast, they automatically mark things as gifts and low value also.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,344 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

still no luck in my psp games :(
    can you beleive this for **** sake i just got one of my dvdsoon games which i ordered thursday and still no lik sang games for **** sake

lik sang shipped my games 31st of march and i ordered Dynasty Warriors from dvdsoon thursday
    from what i heard dvdsoon have slow shipping from my experience they have got better

the game i got is Dynasty Warriors , very good
    but on dvdsoon it says tiger woods 2005 is on order what does that mean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

can you beleive this for **** sake i just got one of my dvdsoon games which i ordered thursday and still no lik sang games for **** sake

lik sang shipped my games 31st of march and i ordered Dynasty Warriors from dvdsoon thursday
    from what i heard dvdsoon have slow shipping from my experience they have got better

Suicide is the only option ;)

In other news; NCS rock...
    Just checked my track'n'trace with USPS:
    Current Status

You entered XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your item left the United States from KENNEDY AMC at 10:49 pm on April 04, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

So typically enough it arrived in Europe on Tuesday morning and promptly dropped off the radar. If it hasn't arrived at the house by friday I'll assume customs or An Post have gotten their paws on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Wertz wrote:
    Suicide is the only option ;)

In other news; NCS rock...
    Just checked my track'n'trace with USPS:

So typically enough it arrived in Europe on Tuesday morning and promptly dropped off the radar. If it hasn't arrived at the house by friday I'll assume customs or An Post have gotten their paws on it

Yeah my trackntrace says the exact same as you hopefully we get them before the weekend

Hmm...I've just recalled that An Post do the "last mile" of this delivery (so used to dealing with couriers). I'll reset my expectation date to Tuesday to avoid disappointement...

Wertz wrote:
    Hmm...I've just recalled that An Post do the "last mile" of this delivery (so used to dealing with couriers). I'll reset my expectation date to Tuesday to avoid disappointement...

todays wednesday, if it arrived in ireland today, you should definately have it by friday. Otherwise thats disgraceful service by an post

L5 wrote:
    todays wednesday, if it arrived in ireland today, you should definately have it by friday. Otherwise thats disgraceful service by an post

Haha...going by your logic I should have it in the morning. Sound in theory, but I'll believe it when I see it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

So most of you ordered from NCSX then? Their price seems to be going up and up. I've looked loads of places - dvdboxoffice, videogamesplus, liksang, play-asia, dvdsoon, aheadgames, and of course NCSX. Most are really expensive, and the ones that have them at a "not such a ripoff" price are, typically, out of stock.

Where's the best to buy from? I want a US one, and somewhere that it's in stock... is it worth paying €40 extra or should I just wait a few weeks and get it cheaper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why you want a US one?

What price are looking for?

Wertz wrote:
    Haha...going by your logic I should have it in the morning. Sound in theory, but I'll believe it when I see it :D

Your item is being processed by customs in IRELAND. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Bastards. Looks like it'll be next week then :rolleyes: ...
    I don't mind a VAT bill, just gimme the f**king thing!

i just cant beleive this ****
    still no lik sang psp games :mad: im going to email lik sang now complaining
    its a disgrace if they dont come by tomorrow
    Suicide is the only option

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why you want a US one?

What price are looking for?

Well, I'd like to get the Spiderman 2 UMD, plus there's no advantage to getting a Japanese one. NCSX have confirmed that European UMD discs won't work on the Jap PSP, and it's more expensive anyway.

DVD Box Office have it for €225 with free courier delivery. I know that's hard to beat, but I'm willing to pay more for a site that has it in stock (though it'll cost €263 from NCSX). I'm looking for Wipeout Pure too.

How could NCSX know what the Euro UMD will be like?

Stay away from DVDBO. Nothing but empty promises from them.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    How could NCSX know what the Euro UMD will be like?

Stay away from DVDBO. Nothing but empty promises from them.
    Don't I know! Ordered a DVD from them before, on back order for 3 months, the cancelled it. Ordered Pokémon Ruby before. I was waiting a month, then, conveniently, when I went to cancel, they told me it had just been sent.

But I bought Super Mario 64 DS off them at Christmas, and they were very fast with it. That restored my confidence in them, but now...
    Frequently Asked Questions
    3. Will a Japanese PSP play European UMDs?
    No. You may be thinking about how Japan and Europe share the same DVD region code (2) but this does not necessarily mean that PSP UMDs from Europe will play on Japanese PSPs.

What sites are there that have the PSP in stock, and accept Paypal? Because I have some money in there going nowhere fast.

Your item cleared customs in IRELAND at 4:18 pm on April 07, 2005. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Praying i get it tomorrow but i doubt it

"this does not necessarily mean that PSP UMDs from Europe will play on Japanese PSPs"

Its still very possible that they will. We will have to wait till EU launch till we know.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    "this does not necessarily mean that PSP UMDs from Europe will play on Japanese PSPs"

Its still very possible that they will. We will have to wait till EU launch till we know.
    hmm... glanced over the "necessarily" there...

But, a guy I know ordered a Jap PSP from them, and accidentally got a US one instead. Then they sent him this e-mail...
    Hi David, please note that the sharing and compatibility of regions between Japan and Europe for PSP UMD movies is a misconception. To clarify, European UMD-Videos will be region coded only for use with European PSP units and you will not be able to view European UMD-Videos on Japanese PSP units.

The PSP movie incompatibility between Europe and Japan has been
    confirmed by our contacts in both Sony USA as well as Sony of Japan.

Although the DVD region-2 is used in both Europe and Japan, Japanese
    movie DVDs are not cross compatible in Europe

Regards,
    NCS, Inc

Anyway, please... any other sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-7o.html

They take PayPal, have stock (Japanese and US software) but I think only Japanese hardware and UMD movies (and Audio UMDs).

• Advertisement

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-7o.html

They take PayPal, have stock (Japanese and US software) but I think only Japanese hardware and UMD movies (and Audio UMDs).
    That looks pretty good alright...

Anyone know anything about Ahead Games? They have it for $290, and accept Paypal. I think I might go for them.

i just cant beleive this ****
    still no lik sang psp games :mad: im going to email lik sang now complaining
    its a disgrace if they dont come by tomorrow
    Suicide is the only option
    looks like Suicide isnt an option now i got my games tony hawks is awsome the graphics are very good its the best game out for the psp at the moment for me anyway

I just got mine PSP YES!!! Now i have to find an american adapter for the plug

Davexirl wrote:
    I just got mine PSP YES!!! Now i have to find an american adapter for the plug

Ditto. :D
    Haven't even opened it yet....had to go to sorting office to pick up.
    BTW any power lead from a stereo or the ones that fit the back of the old PS2 will work with the power supply...no need to get that stupid 2pin->3pin thing.

Bye bye now, I may be gone for sometime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 A O Malley

Did ye have to pay any import duty and did you get the us or jap model, would that matter when customs check it.

No I didn't pay any customs fee i got mine from America. They lowered the prices of everything I bought off them on the delivery box and thats why I didn't get charged. I would recommend these http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop I ordered off them last Sunday and i Got it yesterday and I love it. Lumines it feckin addictive. The screen is brilliant quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Just ordered "Namco Museum" from ncsxshop.com
    (Tuesday 5th)

That arrived Monday 11th -not too bad 6 day delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Davexirl wrote:
    I know another PSP thread but I just want to make sure before i buy.

I have preorderd it in Gamestop but I am now not going to wait for the Europe Launch so Should I buy the American PSP or the Japanese PSP and which is the best import website to buy from? What is the pros and cons of the two US/JAP PSP

Thanks

omg dont order from gamestop, you will pay DUTY on it, they declare everything, they also charge a fee for processing the duty, so you pay duty then vat on it, then the chagrge and vat onn that also, crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 plague

looks like Suicide isnt an option now i got my games tony hawks is awsome the graphics are very good its the best game out for the psp at the moment for me anyway

It took about a week and a half for RR to arrive from Lik-Sang. On the other hand, I haven't seen sight nor sound of Lumines which I ordered from Canada almost 2 weeks ago now. Ihad a .co.uk website, so thought it was from the UK. :mad: And i don't expect to see it this week :(

Almost feel like buying the game somewhere else, probably would be quicker!

• Advertisement

plague wrote:
    It took about a week and a half for RR to arrive from Lik-Sang. On the other hand, I haven't seen sight nor sound of Lumines which I ordered from Canada almost 2 weeks ago now. Ihad a .co.uk website, so thought it was from the UK. :mad: And i don't expect to see it this week :(

Almost feel like buying the game somewhere else, probably would be quicker!
    im never going to deal with lik sang again after what happened my psp games and my psp case

Advertisement