Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who is on 1mb but should be on 2mb, post here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭brianomc

Still 1024/128 when i checked around half 9. I know we all got an initial upgrade but are we definitely meant to be moved up to 2048 today or is it by April 8th.

Anyone actually rang IOL?, i haven't, waiting til the 8th, or someone posts here after speaking to IOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

brianomc wrote:
    Still 1024/128 when i checked around half 9. I know we all got an initial upgrade but are we definitely meant to be moved up to 2048 today or is it by April 8th.

Anyone actually rang IOL?, i haven't, waiting til the 8th, or someone posts here after speaking to IOL

I called yesterday, they said official date is today. If its still like that when I get home I will call them again.

Where did the 8th come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Jumpy wrote:
    Hmm, with the Zyxel I couldnt tell you sorry, I am sure that someone here could answer the question though
    Login to your Zyxel Router, and click on System Status on the right of the screen.
    Scroll down and click on Show Statistics
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

To view "connection to ISP" on a Zyxel:

Type 192.168.1.1 into browser and hit return <-That is default gateway
    You then have to enter Usernams and Password as admin/1234 <-This is default
    Go to Maintenance area,
    Click System Status,
    Click Show Statistics,

You will then get a popup screen with the most important info being:
     WAN Port Statistics:
    Link Status: Up
    Upstream Speed: 128 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 2048 kbps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭brianomc

For some reason I thought it was being a phased upgrade. Not sure where I read that now to be honest. Guess I'll be ringing them when i get home if its not up to 2048/128

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Yeah, what he/I said :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i rang about 20 mins ago after talking to 2 sales reps who were extreemly helpfull . not bing sarcastic they actually were . i got talking to a nice tecky who asked me a few questions did say since ur not using r modem we cant give teck support on it but ill take it that your reading all the info correct and ill put your number down for a level 2 tecky to look at ..

ye not exactly sure what a level 2 tecky is but he did say that anyone with this problom should ring in as they dont have anyone else with this problom .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

I'm still only showing 1024kpbs instead of 2048kpbs.

I used the online chat support earlier today and this was the response I got.
    Stephen S: Good morning ****, how may I help you? 
    Me: Hi, I'm on the IOLBB+ package and my connection has been upgraded but only to a 1meg connection 
    Me: instead of the 2meg download speed 
    Stephen S: The date for the update is today 
    Stephen S: You may find that you will get the 2MB by the end of the day 
    Stephen S: If not, please contact us and let us know 
    Me: Why has there already been a "half way" upgrade so far? 
    Stephen S: I do not have an explanation as to why you could be at 1MB. If you are definately on BB+ you should be upgraded to 2MB. If this does not happen by the end of the day, please contact customer care tomorrow. 
    Me: Ok, I'll wait until the end of the day. It's just I've heard of other IOLBB+ users being upgraded already to the 2meg connection. I'm just interested in knowing if I've been on the IOLBB+ package all along or not (they've been taking the 47E a month anyway). 
    Stephen S: That is defiately the charge for BB+. We do not have access to your account on the chat facility here. If you would like Customer Care to check your account you can contact them directly. 
    Stephen S: You can contact them directly at customer.care@esat.com 
    Me: Ok, thank you for your time. 
    Stephen S: I am glad to have been of help. 
    Stephen S: Have a good day ****.  

As of 1 o'clock today I'm still on the 1024 connection. I'll be ringing them later if there's no change. I'm definately on the IOLBB+ package too !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

Jumpy wrote:
    Ok, Today is the official upgrade day for IOLBB EsatBT

Is anyone still getting the incorrect speed displayed?

I am not talking about testing the download speeds. I am referring to the speed that your modem/router is displaying.

Nope, looking good here (my ZyXEL is reporting 2048/128)... I was actually upgraded yesterday, apparently about 4am. Must be the first time anyone's ever given us Northsiders preferential treatment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

ok thanks for that just checked it and yes it is showing 1024 download and upload of 128 so looks like they have not upgraded Me fully yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Knob

Crap! I just get me a time out when I enter the digits.

julius wrote:
    To view "connection to ISP" on a Zyxel:

Type 192.168.1.1 into browser and hit return <-That is default gateway
    You then have to enter Usernams and Password as admin/1234 <-This is default
    Go to Maintenance area,
    Click System Status,
    Click Show Statistics,

You will then get a popup screen with the most important info being:
     WAN Port Statistics:
    Downstream Speed: 2048 kbps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BravoGolf

I'll check as soon as I get home from work :)

I still can't login into the "My Account" section of the EsatBT site (should I be able too?), I assume it would confirm the speed upgrade there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Jumpy wrote:
    A bit more back on topic, is anyone still getting 1024 displayed when it should be 2048?

how do you check ? im getting 1.3 mb on those speed tests and downloading at about 175k on average.

Just called Tech Support,
    They are advising that a number of customers are having the same problem.
    I made sure a call was logged.
    Safety in numbers I would say, if you have the problem call 1890 923 111 and advise them of it.

Edit: Please note, since Moriarty has uneccesarily merged my specific IOLBB thread, this number refers to IOL customers only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

WAN Port Statistics:
    Downstream Speed: 1632 kbps

I'll give them a call tomorrow if it isnt up to the full 2mb.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

that looks like some rate adapting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Merging threads.

Moriarty wrote:
    Merging threads.

Please dont.. This is IOLBB only, I was trying to separate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Anyone get there 2MB upgrade yet?

I'm only at 1MB so far and I'm an IOL Broadband Plus customer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

threads were merged http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2570166#post2570166

lots of ppl stuck on 1meg . seems to be a bit of a problom tho im sure they will sort it in the next 10 days im just glad ive been given any upgrade

if im a slow typer someone will of probably gave out to you about not reading giving no help at all to your question seems to be happening a lot on boards in the last few months :(

• Advertisement

Theres quite a few threads knocking about about this.

For the record I am a plus customer and I am on 2mb now.
    This surprises me cause I am almost the maximum possible distance from the exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I've been getting 160-170KB/s so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Merged once again with the main thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

i know its kind of off the topic but what are people using to check their sppeds and SNR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Does anyone know of any reliable speed tests, as many as possible please.

Im getting very varied results from different sites.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

keith123 wrote:
    Anyone get there 2MB upgrade yet?

I'm only at 1MB so far and I'm an IOL Broadband Plus customer.
    Technically I am on 2Mb but my speeds are very bad and most of the time I connect at 1680 - 1850. It's rare that I connect at 2048 and my speeds seem to hover around 170 - 180Kb but I am confident that these problems will eventually be fixed :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

LOL No pleasing some!

That's about right for 2mb, factoring in line quality, header data and contention.

LOL No pleasing some!

That's about right for 2mb, factoring in line quality, header data and contention.

Sad isn't it. Also sad, are the people phoning and email customer support complaining that they are worried their download cap will stay the same and not increase. :eek: ITS ONLY BEEN A DAY officially. No patience some people.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

LOL No pleasing some!

Not really my line goes all over the place and can end up at around 50k when downloading an iso from Heanet. I also expect my connection to stay up and running for longer then 2 or 3 hours and my pings to be a bit more stable, many other people are getting ~200k downloads pretty stable so I don't see why I should be happy with 170k.

Advertisement