Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who is on 1mb but should be on 2mb, post here

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

No, I've never gone over the cap. I was more interested in the better contention ratio of the package.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

lomb wrote:
    did u ever break 8GB cap per month, if so u are better off not seeking a refun d as u could be hit with 35euro per GB overage.

If they try and overcharge you could just go back at them for not holding up their part of the agreement and putting you on an incorrect package and also overcharging you for the duration of your BB.

I'll be in contact with them tonight now over this. Its obvious they have done is to a good few people now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Im down from 1.6 mb line to 715 k today !?!?

wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I just called them, they took me off Broadband Plus because of a mistake back in Feb.
    I checked my bill and indeed I am being charged the lower costs.
    So they screwed up, but at least I wasnt getting the higher cost.
    They are upgrading me in the next few days.
    Thats my mystery solved anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

So has anyone on the trial rang and seen if they could be bumped to 2mb and told a yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i was told to e-mail customer.care@esatbt.com and inform them that my service was not upgraded and that i wanted to be upgraded along with my phone number and addy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

Tusky wrote:
    Im down from 1.6 mb line to 715 k today !?!?

wtf?
    I phoned Eircom for a 3rd time and was told that it's a problem to do with Dolphins Barn ( I am in the Summerhill exchange) and my speed is **** all day, hopefully sorted by tommorow/

Eircom btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

Gave IOLBB a call this evening said it would be all fixed by the end of the week! if you were automatically put on to broadband pluse when it first came out you nedd to give them a call to get reset up as there is a glitch in the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

ok after a 3 hour marathon waiting session to esat bt they have admitted to me that there is a problem it seems that everyone is right about been only provided with the iolbroadband product despite paying for iolbb+ so I made it clear that the contract I signed up for was not provided ie. 16mb cap so they are going to refund from the date of contract in the next bill what I hope will be the differnece. if not then comreg will be notified by Me.
    it took the tech support section to tell me this . customer service denied it until I pressed them and got angry with them telling them they had breached the agreed contract by not providing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zfan

Hi, my first time posting here ,basically cos im pissed off with my iolbb.Having been paying for the iolbb plus I looked forward to being upgraded to 2mb/s dl speed. Now heres the problem, everytime I log onto the web config thingy for the Zyxel modem/router it says Im still on 512 downstream/128 upstream. First off I thought ok maybe i should restart the modem so I turned off then back on..still 512/128.I then phoned that tech line 1890.... anyway, same advice; turn off the on-no change, the reset the modem-again no change.I was then told it was probably due to the phone line extension cable being too long from the phone point or noise on the line.Advice given:phone Eircom and ask them to test the line for noise.Surely it should still say downstream 2024 or whatever and not 512? Has anybody been having the same problem and does anybody have any advice?PLEASE!! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

I have an extension going from the master socket at about 8metres in length and then connected to another RJ11 upstairs.
    Then another 2metre length from that socker to the ZyXEL.

On Sunday morning I was able to get 2048/128 on the ZyXEL but require a download accelerator to get 215-225k or else it starts at 220k and then falls to a steady 130k.
    Then again I'm using a 5year old comp at the moment(will have the good one back soon) so that might explain it.

In relation to your ZyXEL displaying 512/128...I would try and find someone else connected to your CO(Exchange) and ask them if they get 512 instead of 1024/2048 that they should get depending on their package.
    If you find others on 512k then its the fault of your exchange if not it could be a problem with the iolBB database settings.

Right I was on the phone with tech support and customer care earlier and they said that about 70% of plus customers got moved to 2mb, and the rest should be on by the middle of next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

thanks giblet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

it has been a week and a half since the upgrade and i am still on 1Mb/s.
    is there anybody else that should on 2 but is still on 1 out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

zfan wrote:
    Hi, my first time posting here ,basically cos im pissed off with my iolbb.Having been paying for the iolbb plus I looked forward to being upgraded to 2mb/s dl speed. Now heres the problem, everytime I log onto the web config thingy for the Zyxel modem/router it says Im still on 512 downstream/128 upstream. First off I thought ok maybe i should restart the modem so I turned off then back on..still 512/128.I then phoned that tech line 1890.... anyway, same advice; turn off the on-no change, the reset the modem-again no change.I was then told it was probably due to the phone line extension cable being too long from the phone point or noise on the line.Advice given:phone Eircom and ask them to test the line for noise.Surely it should still say downstream 2024 or whatever and not 512? Has anybody been having the same problem and does anybody have any advice?PLEASE!! Thanks

I got my girlfriend connected first time on the iolbb trial basic package this week and her connection is at 512/128 similar to yours.
    The bit about the length of cable is a load of crap, my own 2mb line is feeding off a massive extension lead and working grand.
    There is definitely a mix-up in their system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NóMur

vishal wrote:
    it has been a week and a half since the upgrade and i am still on 1Mb/s.
    is there anybody else that should on 2 but is still on 1 out there?

I'm still on the 1meg connection instead of the 2meg one. They told me on the phone last week that it would be 10 days before I got on the right connection. That was on the 5th so I'll give them the 10 days before I start ringing again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭halkar

Same with me, still on 1MB, I was told 10 days too last week so me reboot the router everyday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Scenic911

Same here but I'm with UTV. It been 1Meg for two weeks now. Should be 2Megs. Is anyone with the same problem?

Scenic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 madboy

Rang IOL about my 2MB connection (still on 1MB) on thursday, i was told i should be on 2MB and it will be checked..
    Fri morning i'm on 2MB :) AND i got my downloads reset,wish i had of known they were going to do that :rolleyes:

I rang on thursday aswell, and was also told I should be done soon, so here's hoping monday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Scenic911 wrote:
    Same here but I'm with UTV. It been 1Meg for two weeks now. Should be 2Megs. Is anyone with the same problem?
    I had the same problem but got it sorted out with two phone calls and more a week more waiting that it should have taken.

Advertisement