Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best solution

• 03-04-2005 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just to give you some background. I am in the middle of a project about wireless networking and I am getting confused about the terminology.
    WIFI, 3G, GPRS, Bluetooth, IR, PDA's, Blackberry etc. etc.
    What I am looking to do is get better access to my company network during my working day from anywhere in the country. I have a Toshiba laptop, Nokia phone on vodafone network.
    For my situation and not wanting to invest too much, I am considering the Vodafone 3G/GPRS data card which would allow me access to the company network using 3G where available and GPRS when outside 3G coverage.
    I have no comms or IT background. Am I going in the right direction?
    Technically speaking what is third generation (3G)?
    Sorry for all the stupid questions.
    RosMan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You're looking for the 3G card for your laptop from Vodafone... it's E50 a month or so I think and then you pay for downloads in chunks... i.e. E30 per month = 20MB download allowance, E50 pm = 100MB allowance (just examples) etc.

More on www.vodafone.ie

EDIT: I read your post again and notice you mentioned the 3G card lol... go for it :)

Advertisement