Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Clubs and Societies Thread

• 03-04-2005 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

If you are a member of a club or society in the City and can share information on the hows and whys of joining same please post the information here.

Things to include are

Nature of organisation, location, joining/membership costs (if any) contact details (phone number, etc) plus anything else you consider relevant.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Nature of organisation Army Reserve
    Location Army Barracks, Green St., Waterford (Just around the corner from the old main entrance on Barracks St, near Mount Sion Secondary School)

No joining/membership costs
    Phone No 051 374425

Both male and female members very welcome, paid fulltime training in the summer months, check out www.military.ie for extra info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

I found this forum while looking at Waterford City Council areas. For those who may be interested...www.gaywaterford.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Does anyone know if Waterford Film For All do anything during the summer? They don't seem to have any showings according to the website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

They take a Summer break as far as I know. Should be back in Sept I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Roen wrote:
    They take a Summer break as far as I know. Should be back in Sept I'd say.

I wasn't aware film watching was a seasonal pastime. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Well it's not like they make (much) money off it. You could always volunteer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Does anyone know if there's a Badminton Club in Waterford and do they take on new members. Who would like to learn from almost scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Leonitos

What do you call a Waterford man with an All Ireland medal?

An antique dealer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Leonitos wrote:
    What do you call a Waterford man with an All Ireland medal?

An antique dealer!

So you have nothing to say regarding the actual thread title? Have you.. read that?

:rolleyes:

ok so there's a (badminton) beginners class tonight Wednesday at 8.15pm on Lady Lane (it's an old looking church beside the mens hostel) all you have to bring is yourself a pair of runner and your racket. shuttle cocks will be supplied.

I can't remember if Kathleen said it was €2 or €5 per class.

If you want to find out about joining the Waterford Badminton Club best bet is to ring Kathleen Kennedy 086 8422370. She'll have the rest of the details.

That's all I can thick of at the moment but I'll let you know how I got on tomorrow

I got on fine my lower arm is a bit sore, and a few aches and pains but that's to be expected. As only two of us turned up last night we were charged for the session which was fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

There will be auditions for an all female choir based in Waterford next week.
    PM me if interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 dj_quinn

I live in ferrybank for 2 yrs now and have been looking for a writer;s group to meet up with. There's a poetry group in Tramore but they break for the summer.
    There's also the Waterford Historical Society, a runners club, cylcling clubs, etc. I guess it all depends on your interests. I'm interested in firness, but also writing and history.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I know its every second Monday but I've lost track of which is the second Monday now :)

Can someone tell me which Monday the Waterford Photograghy club meets, was it last morning or is it this Monday coming? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

dj_quinn wrote: »
    I live in ferrybank for 2 yrs now and have been looking for a writer;s group to meet up with. There's a poetry group in Tramore but they break for the summer.

There used to be a writers group that used to meet every Tuesday in Downes, however after advertising in local papers and numbers didn't improve they stopped meeting

Advertisement