Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Pope Jokes

• 03-04-2005 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Now that the father of the Catholic church has died don't you think they should use the opportunity to get with the times when selecting their new representitive with the introduction of Pope Idol?

Have you heard that instead of burying the Pope, the Catholic church has decided to cash in on the incident. They're going to cover him in perfume, cremate him, then sell the ashes as Pope-pouri!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm not even going to dignify that with a reply.
    Oops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

for ****'s sake..at least your tryin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

Thanks i'm quite proud of them!

PS dont tell me i'm going to burn in hell coz i'm an atheist :)

[My epitaph--- Here lies an atheist. All dressed up and nowhere to go]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Those jokes were so low brow as to be moustaches...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

For the record, I'm atheist also. But I can respect the beliefs of others

• Advertisement

then you are the worst kind of atheist. I have no respect others peoples "beliefs" but i will respect other people and not enforce my beliefs on them. Check what you post before you put words in my mouth, lets keep it friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

kasintahan wrote:
    Those jokes were so low brow as to be moustaches...

Yeah, pubic moustaches.

But a few steps lower and they'll be so bad they're good. It's all circular.

I'll give it a go:

-Who will replace JP II?

-I don't know yet but I pope he'll do a good job.

-Yes, we'll know soon enough popefully.

-Indeed, pope springs eternal.

-I'd rather poped you'd say that in alexandrine form.

-Not a pope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

wow no offence(actually....yes, loads of offence) but they are awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I poped it wouldn't come to this. Disgraceful!

• Advertisement

All this shows is that there is no catholic sense of humour.

catholic: 2. Including or concerning all humankind; universal: “what was of catholic rather than national interest” (J.A. Froude).
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

Will the next pope be called George-Ringo? :D

atheist wrote:
    Will the next pope be called George-Ringo? :D

"Holy" unlikely but who (vati)can tell what will happen?

Healio wrote:

never saw that thread so.......... you can clear that cough from your throat but it may be hard when you are the green flem of society!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'm also an atheist but you gotta respect the Pope, all the other work he's done. The man is a legend. R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I pope to god hes ok

never done nuffin for me no - vickie pollard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

DeLaBass wrote:
    then you are the worst kind of atheist. I have no respect others peoples "beliefs" but i will respect other people and not enforce my beliefs on them. Check what you post before you put words in my mouth, lets keep it friendly!

AHAHAHAHA!

'you are the worst kind of atheist'. Now that's funny.

Why? Because he respects other people's beliefs? Because he has standards and possibly morals?

You, sir, are a cabbage.

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    AHAHAHAHA!

'you are the worst kind of atheist'. Now that's funny.

Why? Because he respects other people's beliefs? Because he has standards and possibly morals?

You, sir, are a cabbage.

I look down on anyone of any creed with religious beliefs. It is non-sensical drivel for the mindless masses.

'non-sensical'!

How on earth can you look down on someone from all the way down there?

Learn about hyphens before you call anyone mindless.

• Advertisement

ok i'll do that. Hmm... so you have nothing to say about my point yet concentrate on the irrelevant nuances of my grammar. Next time i'll write in a formal manner, gold-leaf, laminated...the works, you'll love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

DeLaBass wrote:
    Thanks i'm quite proud of them!

PS dont tell me i'm going to burn in hell coz i'm an atheist :)

[My epitaph--- Here lies an atheist. All dressed up and nowhere to go]

why would an athiest need an epithaph, or a headstone for that mater.

one question though, are you insured againtst Acts of God?

Why would we need a headstone?? Errr... doh because i'll be buried eventually, tis the dont thing you know. Go figure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I heard that Stephen Hawking is being thought of as being the next Pope due to his studies on mass.

DeLaBass wrote:
    ok i'll do that. Hmm... so you have nothing to say about my point yet concentrate on the irrelevant nuances of my grammar. Next time i'll write in a formal manner, gold-leaf, laminated...the works, you'll love it.

Alright, let's look at the content of your posts.

-You feel that it's acceptable to 'look down' on people with religious beliefs.

-You feel that it is drivel for the mindless masses.

-You flame Snapscan and Healio despite the fact they weren't overtly critical of your post- hilariously, you call Snapscan 'the worst kind of atheist' and then ask everyone to 'keep it friendly' in the same breath.

-You claim you respect others and wouldn't 'enforce'(sic) your beliefs on them.

In my opinion it is the highest form of idiocy to look down on someone for their beliefs, religious or otherwise, as long as they aren't predjudiced twoards any sex or minority.

I realise the catholic church is not very tolerant of homosexuals or women, but it does not mean that all people with religous beliefs swallow that tripe.

It is possible to have christian ethics and morals without buying into the more ridiculous aspects of some christian faiths, notably 'women should stay at home', 'abortions for none', 'gay people are sick' etc.

Christ never expounded any of these ideas, just some right-wing wierdo extremists. The same goes for most organised religious figures, they weren't saying these idiotic things, just a portion of their followers, who unfortunately seem to be the most vocal.

I believe that if people had a more tolerant, loving, 'christian' attitude the world would be a whole lot nicer.

I do realise the irony in the fact that I wasn't very tolerant of your muppetry, but I'm crotchety, dammit!

Gordon wrote:
    I heard that Stephen Hawking is being thought of as being the next Pope due to his studies on mass.

Now that is a good pope joke. Hooray for Gordon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

DeLaBass wrote:
    I look down on anyone of any creed with religious beliefs. It is non-sensical drivel for the mindless masses.

so basically you're just narrow-minded?

thats even more tragic than your "jokes".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

distasteful :rolleyes:

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Alright, let's look at the content of your posts.

-You feel that it's acceptable to 'look down' on people with religious beliefs.

-You feel that it is drivel for the mindless masses.

-You flame Snapscan and Healio despite the fact they weren't overtly critical of your post- hilariously, you call Snapscan 'the worst kind of atheist' and then ask everyone to 'keep it friendly' in the same breath.

-You claim you respect others and wouldn't 'enforce'(sic) your beliefs on them.

In my opinion it is the highest form of idiocy to look down on someone for their beliefs, religious or otherwise, as long as they aren't predjudiced twoards any sex or minority.

I realise the catholic church is not very tolerant of homosexuals or women, but it does not mean that all people with religous beliefs swallow that tripe.

It is possible to have christian ethics and morals without buying into the more ridiculous aspects of some christian faiths, notably 'women should stay at home', 'abortions for none', 'gay people are sick' etc.

Christ never expounded any of these ideas, just some right-wing wierdo extremists. The same goes for most organised religious figures, they weren't saying these idiotic things, just a portion of their followers, who unfortunately seem to be the most vocal.

I believe that if people had a more tolerant, loving, 'christian' attitude the world would be a whole lot nicer.

I do realise the irony in the fact that I wasn't very tolerant of your muppetry, but I'm crotchety, dammit!

i like cake, i do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    You, sir, are a cabbage.
    Thats the funniest thing I've read in this thread.

These pope jokes are so lame, you should write jokes for christmas crackers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement