Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Pope Jokes

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

silas wrote:
    Thats the funniest thing I've read in this thread.

These pope jokes are so lame, you should write jokes for christmas crackers.

It made me laugh too but only because I actually eat alot of cabbage so he wasn't too far off the mark!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Alright, let's look at the content of your posts.

-You feel that it's acceptable to 'look down' on people with religious beliefs.

-You feel that it is drivel for the mindless masses.

-You flame Snapscan and Healio despite the fact they weren't overtly critical of your post- hilariously, you call Snapscan 'the worst kind of atheist' and then ask everyone to 'keep it friendly' in the same breath.

-You claim you respect others and wouldn't 'enforce'(sic) your beliefs on them.

In my opinion it is the highest form of idiocy to look down on someone for their beliefs, religious or otherwise, as long as they aren't predjudiced twoards any sex or minority.

I realise the catholic church is not very tolerant of homosexuals or women, but it does not mean that all people with religous beliefs swallow that tripe.

It is possible to have christian ethics and morals without buying into the more ridiculous aspects of some christian faiths, notably 'women should stay at home', 'abortions for none', 'gay people are sick' etc.

Christ never expounded any of these ideas, just some right-wing wierdo extremists. The same goes for most organised religious figures, they weren't saying these idiotic things, just a portion of their followers, who unfortunately seem to be the most vocal.

I believe that if people had a more tolerant, loving, 'christian' attitude the world would be a whole lot nicer.

I do realise the irony in the fact that I wasn't very tolerant of your muppetry, but I'm crotchety, dammit!

I don't get it ............. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Eoghan-psych

Squirrel wrote:
    I'm also an atheist but you gotta respect the Pope, all the other work he's done. The man is a legend. R.I.P

Yes, you have to admire a man who institutionalised the covering up of clerical abuse.

You have to love a mand who, by condemning the use of condoms, has condemned tens of thousands of innocent people to protracted deaths from AIDS and other diseases, and their associated effects.

Yes, a truly admirable chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You guys think its funny to joke about the popes death?

Just because hes a public figure, one of the worlds most important and biggest, you think that makes it acceptable to make light of his death?

Would you make fun and jokes about a realatives death? A neighbours death? Hell, would you make jokes about the local priests death?

I dont think so. I think jokes concerning the death of the pope are sick and grossly offensive. And overall, should not be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

atheist wrote:
    Will the next pope be called George-Ringo? :D
    lol!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Just because hes a public figure, one of the worlds most important and biggest, you think that makes it acceptable to make light of his death?

Would you make fun and jokes about a realatives death? A neighbours death? Hell, would you make jokes about the local priests death?

I dont think so. I think jokes concerning the death of the pope are sick and grossly offensive. And overall, should not be allowed.

Like the one:
    What did the pope say to the paedophile priest?
    Hello Monsignor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

atheist wrote:
    Will the next pope be called George-Ringo? :D
    LMAO! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

DeLaBass wrote:
    It made me laugh too but only because I actually eat alot of cabbage so he wasn't too far off the mark!

I'm a girl, DeLaBass, but the fact you like cabbage has redeemed you.

Oh, and cheers Silas ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Gordon wrote:
    I heard that Stephen Hawking is being thought of as being the next Pope due to his studies on mass.

I love that one! Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Yes, you have to admire a man who institutionalised the covering up of clerical abuse.

You have to love a mand who, by condemning the use of condoms, has condemned tens of thousands of innocent people to protracted deaths from AIDS and other diseases, and their associated effects.

Yes, a truly admirable chap.

So, you're saying that the pope never did anything good in his life. I don't agree with the abuse but the Christian beliefs don't allow contraception. If we can't admire the pope there isn't alot of people who we can.
    Why do you think he was never mentioned as a contender for the papalcy before he got it, his work was behind the scenes, but because you never heard it it didn't happen. It's horrible when people focus on worse points when someone dies, shouldn't we highlight all the good he's done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I actually think its a disgrace that the Mods allow offensive and insulting jokes about the pope after he's just died.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

er...
    I actually think its a disgrace that the Mods allow offensive and insulting jokes about the pope after he's just died.

Don't read the Jesus LOL thread, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    I'm a girl, DeLaBass, but the fact you like cabbage has redeemed you.

Oh, and cheers Silas ;)

Cool thanks!! I'm actually a huge vegetable eatin kinda freak. I down brocolli by the bucket load! And carrots, don't get me started on the sweet sweet golden slithers of temptation! :D:D

This thread is getting so good! I think it could only possibly get any better if we got some Terri Schiavo jokes in here but that really would be asking alot.

And i'll end on this joke to tie it all together......

What's the hardest part of a vegetable to eat?
    The wheelchair!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Jr.Shabadu wrote:
    Don't read the Jesus LOL thread, tbh.
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

DeLaBass banned for a week, as he is now becoming annoying, and he seems to feel the need to see how low he can go before I take out the banning stick.......well guess what, he found that point.

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Very distasteful and deserved to be banned :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

I heard that the next pope will be black. You know what this means...the first pope to be on Cribs!

Or better yet...Pope my Ride! No DVD players just a lot of bullet proofing ( Now theres faith in action )

I dont mean to be disrespectful but jokes are jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I love it!!!! a girl in my class actually made a pope idol joke herself monday morning and we split ourselves for about 20 minutes over it. and as a fellow athiest I think i might have my body dumped in a field to fertilise the grass and have the crows peck out my eyes, although your plan is good to....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Simi

Or better yet...Pope my Ride! No DVD players just a lot of bullet proofing ( Now theres faith in action )
    lol. "Omfg man, you put holy water in the trunk..dog."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

If ya don't like it then don't read it! Simple as that! You may find it insulting but most people have enough cop on and maturity to realise that a joke is just a joke. It may not be to everyones taste but if everything that someone was offended by was banned then we'd have very little left to laugh at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Squirrel wrote:
    It's horrible when people focus on worse points when someone dies, shouldn't we highlight all the good he's done?

So when talking about hitler we should just focus on his good points and ignore the fact he tried to wipe of the jews? right so..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

So when talking about hitler we should just focus on his good points and ignore the fact he tried to wipe of the jews? right so..

You're comparing the pope to Hitler, right. If you want to, do. But we're talking about God's representative on earth, not some racist mad man

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement