Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp 902 In stores

Options
  • 03-04-2005 4:39pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi Everybody,

The Sharp 902 is in stock saw it on saturday bit big but looks like a lovely so my question is should I buy the 902 or the SE S700i which will be in stock on Monday

cheers
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

well... that's a bit chalk and cheesie... will just make some points about the 902 (there was an S700 thread detailed a good while back)

are you very interested in the 3G capabilities the 902 potentially offers (if the network can deliver it)

902_front_open.devices.ie.jpg

screen wise Sharp's handset screens are pretty much the best available (due to their CG Silicon and high resolution)... although you have to deal with that sharp/Vodafone UI... the neat flip/fold hinge is a nice feature, although a d-pad is sadly lacking when the phone is in that state...

902_folded_camera_landscape.devices.ie.jpg

camera wise with 2MP it will be the highest rez available here on release, although still without proper optics/flash etc, those who want to capture high quality shots won't be leaving their real camera behind

they have a special Ferrari version, but dunno how you'd going about getting that - and it's red (surprisingly enough!)

902_ferrari_closed_front.devices.ie.jpg

would have liked to have seen some sort of physical camera lens protection though...

902_ferrari_closed_back.devices.ie.jpg

people may also think you are always very happy to see them give it's size in your pocket... and don't expect the battery life to be amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd go for the Sharp 902. I've seen a working model. Very good camera. Nice menu functions and easy to use. Very very big though, although I wouldn't mind that too much myself. Will probably buy it when it goes down in price.
    349 is WAY too expensive for me. Hopefully it'll go down in price in the next few months like the SEV800 and Nokia 6630 did.
    I haven't seen a working S700i yet, and haven't had any enquiries about it yet either.
    Ask the store can you have a demo of both. Will probably help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

there was an S700 thread detailed a good while back

here's the S700 thread i mentioned, just keep in mind the one from Vodafone will likely be Vodafoneised...

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

cheers for the replies everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Picked mine up on bill and pay option for my upgrade but they forgot to include the leaflet that has my new sim information so i cant unlock my new phone yet!! Waiting for the store to call me back which is annoying to say the least. At least it will be charged and ready to go by then. I cant wait. Its bigger than my GX30 but not as thick for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The vodafone site is updated with all the new phones, S700, K700, V902

Advertisement