Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

city west

• 03-04-2005 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭

anybody buy a bike or car today,i didnt but the beer was good,and some how came home with a pup :D:D:D:D :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭lomb

twas good the 04 rolls phantom outside was very impressive. there were some lovely cars there, and some dogs. i loved the white 1972 or 73 350 sl, with the red leather. very sexy car and reasonably priced as well. the white porsche 912 was nicer aesthetically than a brand new 911. i take it all back about avoiding classic porsches :D was only 15grand not sure what she was like mechanically but it needed a new interior.
    the 1990 lagonda was lovely as well.
    very good day out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

yep some of those motors were class,some scrap there to ;) most prices were over the top i tought :confused: that left hand drive alfa was class a real gem.

camarobill wrote:
    yep some of those motors were class,some scrap there to ;) most prices were over the top i tought :confused: that left hand drive alfa was class a real gem.

the alfetta?
    i thought prices were resonable on most of it actually. that jazz blue etype in immaculate condition was 55keuro. at 38k stg i thought that was the going rate for a very good one.
    the porsche 912 was reasonable at 15k, and the white sl was good value at 12k, fabulous condition a real honey.

which prices seemed high to u out of interest? i was only looking at the prices on the stuff i liked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

What was on in city west today, was actually come from home to work, live in blessington work in town and noticed the traffic around saggart was crazy!!! what was going on?

some of the yank tanks were over priced for there condition for sure,there the only ones i looked at ;) some other motors looked good value on the surface,granted the porches looked ok but i dont know what falts to look at there :confused: if i had the money id of bought that alfa for sure a good car not dicked up and left hand drive,dont slap me if im talkin s..t :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

The fiat spider was nice to and 8.5k wasent bad value the paint was quite good . What price was the alfa all it said was 2 on the spec sheet,there was a nice interceptor in the car park it was silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

camarobill wrote:
    some of the yank tanks were over priced for there condition for sure,

What was there and what were the prices?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

lomb,

Was the Alfetta the same one that was at Merlin Auction ?

If so, what price was being asked today ?

Alfetta in Merlin.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

iregk wrote:
    What was on in city west today, was actually come from home to work, live in blessington work in town and noticed the traffic around saggart was crazy!!! what was going on?

Classic Car & Bike sale at Citywest Hotel.

Silvera wrote:
    lomb,

Alfetta in Merlin.......

i honestly cant say silvera, i wasnt looking at the alfas at all, was only admiring 4 or 5 cars tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

4850 for the alfetta I think... off the top of my head, its on brit plates still though...very tidy

there was a nice 122 Amazon for 3300 and a mint mint mkII capri at 6500 after that I got talking with the owner of a 1993 SAAB 900 Turbo 16 S... a Ruby at that, fabulous, with only 57K on the clock.... god damn my empty bank balance...

a niose around the carpark was well worht it too, lots of tasty cars out there, includinga better than new condition, and I really really do mean it for this car Renault 16, it was unfathonly clean, and I was delighted to see it was driven there and back.

I got there about 3 ish so I think I missed Alfie... pity I had my 3 Alfa Guilia books for him to sign!!!

Silvera wrote:
    lomb,

Alfetta in Merlin.......
    didnt c that car there, gs32t few different yanks there,dont want to start running anyone car down,my camaro was a pile of **** when i bought it for over the top money,so iv learnt what to look for,and the money it costs to fix it ;) u lookin for parts for ur pony or u selling it,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Silvera wrote:
    lomb,

Alfetta in Merlin.......

No - he was looking for 5,250 euro's a bit steep to me. Its a very clean car but the paint job lets it down badly :rolleyes:

I think you could say I had one of those 'bad hair' days today. :rolleyes: All started fine - yesterday was spent polishing and hovering my GT Junior for Citywest and all was going to military precision - set off on time everything thought of but when I reached Naas - BANG BOOM :eek:
    What is the problem with my Alfa GT 1300 Junior and car shows – the last one I brought it to was cancelled just as I was arriving and today on my way to Citywest I decide to pull off the motorway to get some petrol at Naas whereupon the GT promptly blows a valve – with a dramatic plume of smoke out the back that would match anything Jensen Button’s BAR car could achieve. So near and yet so far. This Junior simply refuses to be sold and perhaps after this I will keep it. :rolleyes:
    I had to get it towed to some garage in the countryside innards of Kildare and afterwards 130 euros poorer I decided what the hell I may as well get to see the show anyway and while there took a few pics – before humbly finding my way home by TRAIN. :mad:

A nice start t proceedings – a very clean Daimler

IMAG0001.jpgIMAG0002.jpg

A very fresh looking stag – with an even fresher price tag

IMAG0003.jpgIMAG0004.jpg

Thunderbirds are GO

IMAG0005.jpgIMAG0006.jpg

Nice E Type fastback

IMAG0007.jpgIMAG0008.jpg

One of my favourite American barges – the Lincoln Continental.

IMAG0009.jpgIMAG0010.jpg

Is that a Vauxhall Victor?

IMAG0011.jpg

Well at least some Alfa’s made it there

IMAG0012.jpg

Can this E Type be really worth 55,000 Euros?

IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg

That Stag again

IMAG0016.jpg

A clean but clearly re sprayed Fiat 128 3p (one of my old favourites) I just had to sit in it and beep the horn a few times.

IMAG0017.jpg

This Jag was going for 8000 euros – very Smokey exhaust and as the owner said ‘a few other issues need attending’

IMAG0018.jpg

I really loved this 93 Saab Turbo – which was going for just over 10000 – very clean car indeed.

IMAG0019.jpg

Low and behold when I thought I had seen everything I spotted a trio of Deloreans – my first time ever seeing these cars ‘in the flesh’ – and what a let down. I have heard about build quality problems but it did not take much looking to see the extent of the problem. The finish on that ‘stainless steel’ is quite horrible and there were finger marks all over it. The panel fit is appalling especially between stainless steel and those plastic bits at the nose and tail. :mad:
    I sat in one of them and it confirmed once and for all that I will not be getting a Delorean – just too crude by far.
    Same goes for the Mustangs I saw at the show – they look lovely in pics but in the flesh they are just big ugly poorly made rubbish. :rolleyes:
    Its just as well I have decided this cause after fixing my Alfa blow up today I probably won’t be able to afford them anyway. :o

IMAG0020.jpgIMAG0021.jpgIMAG0022.jpgIMAG0023Z.jpgIMAG0024Z.jpgIMAG0027Z.jpgIMAG0028Z.jpgIMAG0029Z.jpgIMAG0030Z.jpgIMAG0031Z.jpgIMAG0032Z.jpgIMAG0033Z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

The trio of Deloreans was quite exceptional ! :eek:

Some nice BMW 2002 & CL's, anyone know how much the 3 series convertible went for?
    The car park was as much fun as the show.. some nice wagons around, the silver Datsun Z at the rear of the hotel was a gem..

the e type was worth 50- 55000 definately. etype values have risen, and although it wasnt the more sought after 4.2 engine i would say 55 was about its money on a good day. sounds expensive, but if cared for should get all ones money back in 5 years with little maintainence assusuming it was 100% to begin with which it certainly looked like. fabulous fabulous car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

I had a great time there, with the family. I have now managed to get the words "I think the BMW 2002 is nice" out of my wife, so you never know...!

Again, I thought the car park was as much as the show.

There were quite a few W123's there and I thought the prices were high. One in particular looked a bit ropey (compared to mine) and he was looking for €2500... chancer!

I left just as the 3 deloreans arrived in. They were travelling in convoy. I know they are heaps of crap, but they are interesting and look good (from a distance).

After viewing a few cars there I reckon a BMW 2002 or 1602 is next on my list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 AndyT

I thought the Lancia Fulvia was a good buy at 7K but then I don't know a whole lot about that particular motor! Sensible GF talked me out of taking my interest any further! No garage to put it in anyway so probably just as well!
    The car park was definitely as good if not better than the sale. Beautiful 3.0 CSL among others. I'll post my photos as soon as I can.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The fiat spider was nice to and 8.5k wasent bad value the paint was quite good .
    What year was the spider can anyone remember? Pre 74 chrome bumpers or later model? Colour??

CHEERS if anyone can remember!

can i ask out of interest one would want a fiat or alfa? they always rusted really easy and werent well made to begin with. thats why theres so few around now and the prices are crazy.

lomb wrote:
    can i ask out of interest one would want a fiat or alfa? they always rusted really easy and werent well made to begin with. thats why theres so few around now and the prices are crazy.
    There are plenty of non-rusted 124 Spiders available across the Atlantic, and at good prices too.
    The reason there are so few around here because they were never made in RHD.
    But the engines will go on forever with a bit of TLC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

The spider was red and did have the chrome bumpers i tought the auld fella was about to buy it be he decided against

Were any of the DMC's for sale and if so what price cause i know the father would have bought a half decent well priced one in second considering he passed up one before

What year was the spider can anyone remember? Pre 74 chrome bumpers or later model? Colour??

CHEERS if anyone can remember!

I remember it had a 75 reg plate and had not chrome bumpers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

oops under priced the alfetta, maybe thats what "I" would have paid for it.. paint is poor huh :-)

pity about the junior, I'm not so far fromythe backwoods of Kildare if ya need any help getting it moved, cheaper than station to kildare taxi anyway!!!!

I liked that 128 Fiat coupe, very clean, with a decent paint job, I crawled underneath and guess what, it has sills...really... sills made of steel, so I reckon you buy the sills and get the car for free... lovely rasp too, mmmmmm

Thats my SAAB 900 T16S Ruby so hands off

my father fell for the Squire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

brought the wife out too, she liked the 2002 (which id like too, seems semi-practical) and the model A. I refuse to get a model A unless I get a tommy-gun with it.

there was a few silly cars there though, 1981 Merc and a few others I cant remember. I think a few people got Classic confused with Old.

which insurance company has the latest year for a classic policy BTW, or does this depend on the model? Ill be hitting 25 in july and a BMW 2002 would be nice as a "weekend" car. ;)

The spider was red and did have the chrome bumpers
    I remember it had a 75 reg plate and had not chrome bumpers :)
    LOL

If it was a '75 it probably had chrome bumpers partially hidden by black rubber rims attached so you're both right... :D

Sorry RHD or LHD???

Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Some Photos od Citywest.. camara phone so the quaility isnt great

Advertisement