Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

city west

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

and some more

and some more.... :D

and some more :D:D:D

and :D:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hey cool,

Good going Terrier!

I think this one answers my Spider questions...
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/31978/11871.jpg
    LHD it seems...

CHEERS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Same goes for the Mustangs I saw at the show – they look lovely in pics but in the flesh they are just big ugly poorly made rubbish. :rolleyes:

I've come to like (early) Mustangs more and more. The Mach 1 ones onwards are bloated through to bland, and the newest retro ones do look cheap, but the original shape ones have a simple unpretentious appeal. I'd love to afford that Bullit green fastback that's for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

does anybody know the price of the alfa spider it wasent on the spec sheet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

today on my way to Citywest I decide to pull off the motorway to get some petrol at Naas whereupon the GT promptly blows a valve – with a dramatic plume of smoke out the back that would match anything Jensen Button’s BAR car could achieve.

Ahh - relief relief - got a call from George Fraine (garage man in Naas) (very Alfa Romeo friendly garage :) ) today and he told me my Alfa will live to fight another day - it was not half as serious as I first thought - apparently two of the spark plugs got 'fouled up' and the car was only on two cylinders. :rolleyes:
    Can some one explain how sush a thing could happen - I was cruising along at 60 - car driving as good as any BMW and just after turning off it goes funny. I had been travelling at a constant 60 for quite a while. He put a new set of plugs in and now it works fine - collecting my baby in the morning - won't chance selling it again - it could throw an even worse tantrum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

apparently two of the spark plugs got 'fouled up' and the car was only on two cylinders. :rolleyes:
    Can some one explain how sush a thing could happen

Something else must have given to foul both plugs at the same time. I wonder how long your new ones will last? I'd check them every 100 miles or so for a while to make sure they're not discoloured. [PREACH] Do you not carry spare plugs [/PREACH type=20:20 hindsight].

Any smoke in the exhaust? When was the air filter last replaced/cleaned? Valve stem seals? Have you two carbs? Perhaps one of the carbs is too rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Thanks Alfa and Terrier for the great pics !
    (I didn't go to the sale, so it was great to see what was there)

P.S. Terrier, how do you post pics from a camera phone ?

Alfa,
    From my experience, it could be just two dodgy plugs... full stop (pardon the pun! ;)).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was there myself with my 78 Kawasaki, had loads of interest but no buyers.

Here I am in the backround of one of Alfasudcrazy's pic's. (at the very end beside the Merc)
    IMAG0006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

By the way guys -

What sort of car/van thingy is this ?

Silvera wrote:
    P.S. Terrier, how do you post pics from a camera phone ?

I just download them from my phone, same as a digital camera. I use a data cable that connects to my phone to my computer, as most camera phones now have Bluetooth and infrared if you computer is compatible you can also set up a connection this way..

Data Cable (Nokia) €60, Bluetooth adapter for PC €40-€40..

Spot the difference in the bonnet of these cars: :eek:

One has the petrol filler cap with the indented bodyline - the other is quite flat with no petrol filler cap. The reason for this as one of the owners explained to me was that the original design (with filler cap) was proving too difficult to produce properly. Apparently you need enormous force to produce these design features and as many a 7 out of 10 produced had to be scrapped. They then simply deleted the feature completely - result a flat and design free bonnett :)

IMAG0031Z.jpgIMAG0032Z.jpgIMAG0033Z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

the 6 wheel thing is a Hustler, its based on a mioni, its sorta an inclosed mini moke with bench seating in the back to carry 6

intersting if not at all pretty!!!! it drove away fine.

Darn lucky there alfie, but I wanted to see the car - hope ya get home safe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I saw an Alfa the other day in Tralee, at the Meadowfield, a red one 72KY.......it wasn't yours was it Alfasudcrazy ??

Got a damn speeding ticket on the way home too !!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

maybe you could donate the points to a leaving cert student!!!

MercMad wrote:
    I saw an Alfa the other day in Tralee, at the Meadowfield, a red one 72KY.......it wasn't yours was it Alfasudcrazy ??

Got a damn speeding ticket on the way home too !!! :(

Depends - there actually is another 72 KY reg GTV 2000 (red with black no plates) in Tralee as well (can anyone have any exclusivity anymore :mad: ) I only recovered my GT Junior from Naas yesterday (Thur April 7th) from my Citywest escapade so if it was between then and now it was obviously the other guy - I have white plates on mine (don't tell Silvera) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yes it had black plates !

It wasn't as fine looking as your one, but then I wondered whether the flat paint IT had would show up in the photos !

Nice cars !
    maybe you could donate the points to a leaving cert student!!!

Love to !

You wouldn't believe how silly the system is for paying these fines ! There is a lot of ambiguity where the instructions are concerned, I cant pay it in Capel street, even though its listed on the reverse, I have to send a cheque to Tralee !!

"We are only set up to accept payment for Dublin fines "..........Eh ??? Having taken the time to get myself IN to Capel street and then this !

Sorry what Centuary are we living in again ??

Sorry for the off topic rant !

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭PaulK_CCI

Just back from Ireland and attending the City West show, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a good Show (rather than a "Sale", as I had anticipated), with lots of interest and very few "buyers", but I've met loads of people and had a very good time. The turnout shows that the Classic Car scene in Ireland is growing bigger and bigger by the day. The weather just couldnt have been better.

I brought a 1972 Mercedes 450SL, a 1971 BMW 3.0CS and I was supposed to have brought a 1974 Datsun 240Z, but that was snapped up by the actual original Dutch owner only a day before we were to set off to Ireland with it, to enter it into the show! As a last minute replacement I entered a "Track prepared" Turbo 2 bodied 1982 original Irish Porsche 911SC.

DSC00640.JPG

All in all a very succesful event! I didn't even have time to explore the "outside" parking lot, or to make better pictures of the cars :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

PaulK_CCI wrote:
    Just back from Ireland and attending the City West show, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a good Show (rather than a "Sale", as I had anticipated), with lots of interest and very few "buyers", but I've met loads of people and had a very good time. The turnout shows that the Classic Car scene in Ireland is growing bigger and bigger by the day. The weather just couldnt have been better.

I brought a 1972 Mercedes 450SL, a 1971 BMW 3.0CS and I was supposed to have brought a 1974 Datsun 240Z, but that was snapped up by the actual original Dutch owner only a day before we were to set off to Ireland with it, to enter it into the show! As a last minute replacement I entered a "Track prepared" Turbo 2 bodied 1982 original Irish Porsche 911SC.

DSC00640.JPG

All in all a very succesful event! I didn't even have time to explore the "outside" parking lot, or to make better pictures of the cars :)

hi, i saw all 3, the turbo bodied 911 was a sexy car, lovely interior. whats the story with the car, was it a factory bodied car was was it done by its owner.

the merc looked well, maybe the bonnet needs respraying the US sun has taken its toll on it. never saw the cs :(

did anyone buy anything there or was everyone just looking?

lomb wrote:
    did anyone buy anything there or was everyone just looking?

I don't think many cars were sold on the day. I just heard of two actual sales. But I know a lot of telephone numbers were exchanged but we all know how effectual those type of arrangements can be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Does anyone (ALFASUD Crazy?) have any info on the Alfasud that was for sale at citywest. A friend in work likes them and may be interested.

shagman wrote:
    Does anyone (ALFASUD Crazy?) have any info on the Alfasud that was for sale at citywest. A friend in work likes them and may be interested.

I was talking to the owner but unfortunately did not take his details. I know it was red 4 door gold cloverleaf 1.5. It was going for around 1,750 euros on UK plates. It had a nasty large dent on the driver’s wing with a annoying spattering (small) of rust patches here and there - especially in the engine compartment. It was an 1984 right hand drive example with about 42,000 miles on the clock.
    I would pass on that one even if the paint was quite shinny - better examples available in the UK IMO :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 paulo242526

Just for the record the delorean was not as bad as made out to be, those three cars are project cars that are still being refurbed by the owners . true the first 500 or so off the line were built very bad but that was because it was a new factory with an untrained workforce .

after the first 500 cars were built the quality of the finish on the cars was very good.
    as for the gaps these cars the ones you showed have had knocks and are going to be repaired soon.
    the car with the ****ty seats is one that was bought from the uk from a guy that put shoes polish on them !
    regards paulo

Advertisement