Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80's sweets!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

mondeo wrote: »
    Were they not just renamed to Snickers?

They were,they're one and the same.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

lord lucan wrote: »
    They were,they're one and the same.:)

Sorry....but there was only one Marathon Bar....and it's gone now....:pac::p

Just like Starbar was originally Cadburys Nunch......just not the same now...:(

edit...***feelings can run high on such matters******:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

hightower1 wrote: »
    The best ones imo were rainbow drops (cheap small bags or rice pops in diff colous) and postman pat penny sweets!

Rainbow Drops are for sale in Tesco 49 cent a bag - down the sweet aisle:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Silvera wrote: »
    I recently started working for a food wholesale company and was surprised to see so many '80's' sweets still for sale !

E.g. -

Dan Bar
    Wham Bar
    Roy Of The Rovers Bar
    Catch

......not to mention the dozens of varieties of 'sweets in a jar' for sale !!
    was that the desperate dan bar? Orange with big grains of black sugar on one side, whenever you liked the sugar side it was like sucking a lemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Does anyone recall the A Team crisps. Four flavours with one of the characters faces on the bag. The murdock ones were my favourite I think they were tomato ketchup flavour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Pocoyo

I saw Refreshers and Curly Wurly bars in my local Spar. I nearly wet myself with glee!:D

(just spotted the dates, this thread is 4 years old!)

Its 10 years old now....

Viking tayto's!!!

Advertisement