Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CVS

Options
  • 21-08-2000 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭

Any chance of us getting a CVS server for Irish opensource development?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

go on pete you nerd.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

what kind of project?

I'm sure one of the penguin fetishist ilug types should be able to sort you out.

If not, you might be able to get a netsoc to set one up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Void

The Void project: http://hosted.quake.ie/void
    I'm gonna opensource it for the buzz.
    And a CVS server would be handy in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Put it on sourceforge or somewhere...

Al.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thinking about it, wouldnt this make sense for nologin to run? Seems more up Spod's alley then the IGN, or am I getting confused Spod?

Surely someone out there has Unix space they could run this on?

DeV.

• Advertisement

I want to have a local Irish server, not sourceforge.

Originally posted by Void:
    I want to have a local Irish server, not sourceforge.

Checked it out with another netsoc admin. He wasn't exactly keen on the idea. CVS access needs trust of users etc. plus there have been a bunch of posts on bugtraq lately about CVS related issues.

To be honest, I just had a look at sourceforges features and it seems alot better then anything you'd get offered by any irish groups who'd do it..
    http://sourceforge.net/docs/site/services.php

If your still not happy with sourceforge, and you happen to have any developers in any irish unis with netsocs get them to head along to a meeting when college starts up again and ask for it there. Or else make friends with those ilug people..

spod

[This message has been edited by spod (edited 29-08-2000).]

Sourceforge uses CVS.
    The other stuff is just icing on the cake.
    I could care less about security etc, it's gonna be opensource. I just want to make the code available and get some Irish boys to **** around with it in a "concerted" fashion.
    Dev said he'd look into putting a server up on Kali, if I'd set it up. Which I would, but I'd need root access. *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

two chances methinks about the root access. What does the proggy do btw, or is it a series of projects you had in mind.

It's a concurrent version control system.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Void:
    Sourceforge uses CVS.

yup, already nicely set up for you etc.

I could care less about security etc, it's gonna be opensource.

thing is, admins on the server I was thinking of do care about that sort of thign, and don't have time to admin a CVS set up properly, seriously, just use sourceforge.

And I said before, I'm "seriously" NOT using ****ing Sourceforge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

IGN still doesn't have any unix machines :/
    Can it be made go on NT?

Advertisement