Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would 4k be considered a large personal loan?

Options
  • 03-04-2005 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am just wondering if banks would consider 4k a large personal loan? I've had income coming into my a/c for a number of years and I wish to borrow this amount. I am an Ulster bank a/c holder but I am planning on trying other banks for the loan first of all starting off with BOI.
    I also intend on closing my Ulster Bank a/c when I can!

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Merrion

Once you show you can cover the repayments they'll all give you a loan for that amount - 4k isn't much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

4k is fairly average for a personal loan. As Merrion says, once you can show you have the income to cover the payments, it shouldn't be an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Banjo013

In the grand scheme of things, 4k is a pittance really ... as long as you can comfortably cover the payments then the banks will lend you anything you want.

Just curious as to why you wish to leave Ulster Bank ? Personally I wouldn't go near BOI or AIB ... they don't tend to be very nice to their customers. Ulster Bank are usually good with interst rates too .... for example their Zinc credit card has the lowest rate around at the moment. And the personal loan rates are very favourable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Banjo013 wrote:
    Just curious as to why you wish to leave Ulster Bank ?

Their quality of sevice has deteriorated hugely in the time since RBS took over. A lot of experienced staff have departed, or been reassigned. Most branches are now run by braindead yellowpacks following procedures. I'd share your opinion of BOI and AIB, but the days of UB being in a different league from a customer service POV are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I find the customer service is absolutely terrible at my Ulster Bank branch. I can't speak for other ones but it seems impossible to get a credit card/loan and to have someone call me back on time.

Just not happy with the service at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Im with BOI, regular job etc.
    Applied for a motor loan a few years back (to pay off a credit card) for 3K.
    Applied on thursday, following monday the money was in my account.
    4K is pennies to a bank...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Keyzer wrote:
    Im with BOI, regular job etc.
    Applied for a motor loan a few years back (to pay off a credit card) for 3K.
    Applied on thursday, following monday the money was in my account.
    4K is pennies to a bank...

Yeah I hear bank of ireland are best for loans. Maybe not interest rates but they give you them at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The banks don't necessarily like you shopping around. They may refer you back to your own bank. (I have had this done to me, around 2001.)

I see the Credit Union are doing an ad campaign for their loans at the moment, so maybe there is a deal to be had there.

Advertisement