Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT/IOL Broadband ADSL Modem Settings

• 03-04-2005 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I have been asked by a friend to set-up a Belkin ADSL modem with Wireless G Router. To do so I need to configure it and was given the following settings:

PPPoE
    CHAP
    VPI 8
    VCI 35

Would anybody know if the above settings are correct? Also the router is also looking for a username and password in order to connect to the ISP. Could anybody shed light as to what the default user name and password would be?

Much appreciated.

Scuba

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

user name and password was given to the client upon activation of the service, or there is a default setting for it. no idea myself.

The other settings you quoted are correct for Eircom, not sure about Esat, i assume its the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hi Scuba27 the settings are right. Username is username@iolbb and password is what ever your friend was given when they signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭diarmo

You pick a username and password when you sign up.
    Its needed to view your download status so it should be somewhere safe.

AFAIK there is no default user/pass unlike eircom, so its its lost you'll have to ring up esatBT tech support and wait 24 hours for a new password to be used.
    I think there is also a way of doing it online, but have forgotten how.

BTW,
    Whats CHAP???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

CHAP - Challenge handshake authentication protocol. Its the technique used to transport your username and password.

• Advertisement
Advertisement