Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SourceSafe/CVS query

Options
  • 11-09-2000 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I was asked this by a supervisor type in here, - wondered if anyone here had any insights...

does anybody know how to put a SourceSafe version stamp in a source file? (like $Id$ in cvs)

Any suggestions appreciated

Bard
    _____
    -me-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

err why do you need this? smile.gif

sourcesafe is your code repository, all versioning info should be available there, and thats always where you go for your code. whats in the coders work area is work in progress, you don't need it version stamped until its checked in.

if theres code checked out and you want to check whats been done on it before its checked in, you can do a diff on it in vss.

I'd love to know why the supervisor type wanted this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't need it, and I'm of the same train of thought as you. I'm a developer and it's of little or no use to me. But the supervisor dude want's it. Probably for deployed projects that leave the network (and so go where sourcesafe cant be accessed)... not sure

Bard
    _____
    -me-

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Corinthian

To include the source safe revision number add

$Revision: $

and it gets replaced by (e.g.)

$Revision: 21 $

You might your sourcesafe administrator to enable this feature

see http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/5/04.asp

Advertisement