Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

book on Irish business?

Options
  • 03-04-2005 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I've a vague recollection that there was a book published last year about Irish businesses. I know there was one on Ryanair, but I thought there was one book that had covered a few Irish companies. Asking in the bookshops and all I get is blank looks. I don't know title or author. Anyone 'bout here know of this book? IIRC it was published in second half of the year. I think it might have been reviewed in one of the papers in September or October.
    TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jack Feeney

a_ominous wrote:
    I've a vague recollection that there was a book published last year about Irish businesses. I know there was one on Ryanair, but I thought there was one book that had covered a few Irish companies. Asking in the bookshops and all I get is blank looks. I don't know title or author. Anyone 'bout here know of this book? IIRC it was published in second half of the year. I think it might have been reviewed in one of the papers in September or October.
    TIA

I had a book published on Irish Business & Management last year - Its a satirical look at some of the more dodgy areas of Irish Business & Management (Recruitment agencies, Elan, ESB, Irish Rail, Banking, Interviewing, firing, training, Etc.) - It might be what youre looking for! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Publish date is about right. General topic seems about right. But satirising Irish business? Shame on you. ;)
    It could be the book that I was thinking about. I could just have gotten my memory of review a bit twisted. I'll take a look at it next time I'm near a bookshop. Probably a good book to have for taking away on hols or for a long weekend.

BTW since you've done research on Irish businesses, did you come across any 'serious' books: not quite academic texts, but could be used as reading material for say an MBA student?

Advertisement