Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many?

Options
  • 03-04-2005 9:08pm

How many points do you need for your first choice course in college(or your next step in education), also please post what course it is and if you think you can achieve the quota.

How Many Points do you need? 44 votes

550 - 600
    0% 0 votes
    500 - 550
    18% 8 votes
    450 - 500
    29% 13 votes
    400 - 450
    11% 5 votes
    350 - 400
    22% 10 votes
    300 - 350
    9% 4 votes
    200 - 300
    6% 3 votes
    <200
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

wow 100% of courses so far are in the 350-400 category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Hopin for 500 for Structural Engineering with Architecture in U.C.D. really hope i get it only 25 points off it in the mocks so its not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

mine is new, i have no idea, what i do know is there is only 30 places and there is no interview, not good................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Cool_CM wrote:
    mine is new, i have no idea, what i do know is there is only 30 places and there is no interview, not good................

What course are you going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Music Technology Maynooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

speech therapy in trinity.... median 540points... no hope in hell!!

what's your alternative course Scraggs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I'm going for audiology except I have to go to England. They (the goverment) pay for your education, travel and gaurentee you a job at the end of it but the points are the same as speech and language therepy. Wish me look. :D

B.Ed psych and primary teaching in Mary I, speech therapy in galway andthen the rest are primary teaching or arts!!
    what r u interested in? [i didnt c it mentioned!]

i'm only in 5th, oing down a completely different route though, Actuarial Maths,UCD - 560, Actuarial maths, DCU - 510, Economics and Finance in UCD - 485, Accounting and Finance,DCU - 430ish.
    That's what i'm lookin at at the moment.

• Advertisement

i've two friends who have actuary down on cao points are very high. The pay the first yr after ya graduate is excellent so the hard work will be worth it!!!! i wish you the very best of luck and hope ya get what ya want!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

First choice is Civil Engineering in UCD I think it was 490 last year, after that civil engineering in Trinity and after that maths in both.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm going for Psychology and English Literature in Trinity, it's a two-subject moderatorship but the Psychology brings it up to 560 points - eaagh!! My second choice is Psychology on its own, which is in the 550-570 range, then Science which is somewhere in the low 400's. I'm probably going to get Science but I'm gonna keep trying anyway! I hate the points race with a passion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Electrical, Electronic and Micro-electronic Engineering in UCC
    New course composed of an amalgamation of Elec Eng (325) and Micro Elec Eng (350) so I expect it to be between 300-400. Easy enough points :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

computer science DIT.

it was 220 last year, hope it stays around the same as i got a feeling i'm not going to do well in the LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

Bio and chem sciences in UCC so hopefully that'll either take me biochemistyr or biomedical degree,heres hoping biomedical degree.Need 450 to be absolutely safe!my lowest then is 280 so im at two totally different ends of the spectrum because ive 280 in my second choice for food science in ucc

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Arts in UCD please God....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

Cool_CM wrote:
    Music Technology Maynooth

Me too. Anyone have any idea what the points are going to be like for a course thats just starting this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Film and Germanics at Trinity. Very unlikely since all my academic candour has desserted me. I got the highest Junior Cert in my school, but since then I have been a **** student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

Law with french....or irish...or german, depending on the points so need 535 to be safe for my first choice in UCC-not gonna happen!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement