Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Common as Muck!

Options
  • 03-04-2005 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or have two great bands; Nirvana and Metallica become wicked common??? I know at least in the south-east all these wannabe rockers have made these bands common and its depressing and disgusting what they've done to them!! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

They've been common since the early nineties, so I wouldn't worry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

they're common AND muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Why the hell should you let the fact that the bands are "Common" affect whether or not you enjoy them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

Because when a load of retards are listening to the bands you like it really does make them seem not so great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Berger wrote:
    Because when a load of retards are listening to the bands you like it really does make them seem not so great.
    Thats the stupidest thing ever.

So you throw on something like, say, And Justice for All, and decide its not as good because some 12 year old gobshíte who likes to think he hates his parents because Marilyn Mansons cat told him, to also likes it?

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Bazz

This point of view is common as muck. Listen to whatever you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

thank u Berger! These guys are real twats! They think theyre great cuz they skate wear baggie hoodies and Vans, smoke a doobie and drink a lagan of vodka! Admittadly i stil like the bands but grrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

Why the hell should you let the fact that the bands are "Common" affect whether or not you enjoy them?

Thats a VERY good point....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

a lagin of vodka?

are you retarded?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

jesus this has to stop, why is it that just because a group of people like a band you like you feel the urge to rebel against them?

• Advertisement

Berger wrote:

No it doesn't... It just makes you a reverse-sheepish twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I think its great that more people are listening to rock/metal. I remember as a teenager moshers/rockers were a dying breed in my home town. I know there are a lot of annoying teenagers going through a "phase" and dont give a toss for the music but that has happened for years.

They are listening to good music not manufactured shyte so what's the problem???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

People like to have 'obscure' tastes. Just because a band are more well known doesn't instantly make their music crap. It just makes you seem like an elitest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Those bands are huge. its no surprise that everyone likes em. i tell you one thing that gets on my tits. and this is gonna sound like a big generalization. but whenever we play outside Dublin, Every kid has a Metallica Tshirt one, the odd Nirvana one is seen but mostly Hetfield and Co Tshirts everywhere. Whats the beef with that? not only that but we've played gigs where bands playing metallica covers get the roar of the night and its all the punters can talk about. Tis weird outside the pale i tell ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

Ah fúck this **** anyway. This topic will always come up. I've been a green day fan for years. They have just become the kings of teenie bopper territory but I still ****ing love them! Even billie joe said himself that nobody knew the words when the played a dookie song in recent concerts.

I laugh at the ten year olds with korn hoodies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Le Rack wrote:
    thank u Berger! These guys are real twats! They think theyre great cuz they skate wear baggie hoodies and Vans, smoke a doobie and drink a lagan of vodka! Admittadly i stil like the bands but grrr!

You, my friend, are an idiot. Somehow, you have convinced yourself that, magically, through the internet, you can tell what people wear and what their views are on drugs, alcohol, clothes and skateboarding. Congratulations. You are a jackass. I am indeed wearing baggy jeans. Why? Because they're comfortable. I do not skate. I hate it with a passion and avoid Temple Bar for that reason. I do not drink, except on rare occasions, and then not to excess, but to enjoy myself. I do not smoke blow. Neither of these things make a person think they're cool. They just do them. It's as simple as that. And what have you got against people who drink or smoke blow. They're not murdering you by it. Get over yourself. Your music taste is your own. I listen to Metallica, do I care if idiots do too? No! It's as simple as that. Grow up.

Ah shut up you dont know or have to tolerate the people I do who do in fact think the way I have described! so poo on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I know exactly the type of people. Does the fact that they have Metallica playing through their headphones (I can't believe they actually "listen" to it) mean anything to me when it comes to what I listen to? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

If a hundred times more people listened to some bands I like, I'd be thrilled. I mean wtf is wrong with loads of like minded people enjoying the same music?

The very reason that metallica or nirvana's music reached you today is because of their massive popularity, ya know :rolleyes:

dead air wrote:
    I mean wtf is wrong with loads of like minded people enjoying the same music?

I think the point is that they're not like-minded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Mordeth wrote:
    they're common AND muck.
    Totally agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

This is crap, your are just discriminating against a band because you are afraid of being associated with a group of people you don't like!
    Grow a back bone and stop being so pretentious, if you like something listen to it, simple as that, what does it matter who else likes it or doesn't like it.

I hate this elitist diva sh!t in rock. People who constantly put down all other types of music, cos theirs is better, then if other people begin listening to that music/band they are dropped in a flash. Bullsh!t. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

I'd rather see them into Metallica or Nirvana then some of the other crap thats on the radio/tv.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lol if knackers start liking slayer,a band i have listened to with quite a passion since i was 8 years old, you, le_twat, are telling us that we should just not like them.this is one of the stupidest things i have ever heard.the amount of slayer fans of their dvds that are just idiots i find is funny,doesn't mean anything.

"I'd rather see them into Metallica or Nirvana then some of the other crap thats on the radio/tv."

lol true.
    although not iif it's iron maidon,they seem to be the band that is antime in every way :)

Exactly they're not like minded they're trying to be and think they're great but Nirvana and Metallica are the only two rock bands they know!! I'm always delighted to find people who listen to some of the bands I do cuz I listen to rare unheard of bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I really don't see the problem. Sure, they annoy me but I don't let some twats get in the way of the music. Why bother?

Besides..it makes HMV have a constant Nirvana and Metallica- all CDs 9.99 sale. ^___^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

Le Rack wrote:
    I'm always delighted to find people who listen to some of the bands I do
    Evidently not, you're delighted when they are like you, ie: same age group, lifestyle etc. if they are not you whine on internet message boards about them!
    Like a pretentious little bitch.
    Le Rack wrote:
    I listen to rare unheard of bands.
    Well I guess you're just too cool for skool then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Drums

I think they've already become common.
    Metallica have become more common since their Load and Reload albums I think.

yep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Le Rack wrote:
    cuz I listen to rare unheard of bands.

LMAO!!!!!
    Wow!! What a uniquely rebellious individual you are!!!

Advertisement