Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Common as Muck!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Oh well some one didnt get any last night! Eh no cuz most of my friends are older than me. unheard of hense known by few people hense my loy in finding other listeners!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mo_thoin

Why does it make a difference to you whether they like them or not??
    Metallica or Nirvana aren't gonna change how there music sounds (well definitly not nirvana cause thats kinda impossible!!) cause some little 12yr olds in ireland start listen to there music so at the end of the day theyre still the same band with the same music so why should it change your opinion of them?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

What are you, 12? Would it change yoru mind if these little skater kids were listening to say Cynic, or Spiral Architect? No, you'd stil tar them all with the same brush because of what they look like. Doesn't matter what they listen to, you don't have to talk to them about it, or converse with them at all. Let them do what they want. Why should whoever another person likes dictate how you feel about a certain band? Thats just pathetic elitism. And from a 12 year old, thats bad!

Lets be honest here, the more people that listen to a band, the more albums that band are likely to make, the more funding and promotion form labels, ergo more enjoyment for the fans. Care not about who else enjoys them.

Disliking a band because of who likes them, is like a sad little pathetic kid trying so hard to not fit in. Which is just as bad as a loser sucking up to try and fit in. Which is just as bad as being a little skater kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

What I want to know is what are some of these "rare unheard of bands". And if you make them up, I assure you, I'll know.

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    What are you, 12? Would it change yoru mind if these little skater kids were listening to say Cynic, or Spiral Architect? No, you'd stil tar them all with the same brush because of what they look like. Doesn't matter what they listen to, you don't have to talk to them about it, or converse with them at all. Let them do what they want. Why should whoever another person likes dictate how you feel about a certain band? Thats just pathetic elitism. And from a 12 year old, thats bad!

Lets be honest here, the more people that listen to a band, the more albums that band are likely to make, the more funding and promotion form labels, ergo more enjoyment for the fans. Care not about who else enjoys them.

Disliking a band because of who likes them, is like a sad little pathetic kid trying so hard to not fit in. Which is just as bad as a loser sucking up to try and fit in. Which is just as bad as being a little skater kid.
    Me???
    Why are you callin me 12?? I'm tryna make the same point as you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

He was talking to the kid doing the bitching.

I'm not 12. I never said I didnt like the music, I simply said that these little wannabe hard arses think they're great cuz they listen to it but know nothing about it or the bands, and make it common in the bad way regardless how much it pushes up the record sales.

I listento Reliquary, My Lost Cause, S K Krow, Inkubus Sukkubus, Blackened Soul, The Cryptkickers, Narcoleptic Dreams, Oleum, Blood Splashed Brides, Vampire Division, Unfinished Thought, and many more. And no they are not made up cuz if they were I wouldn't have their music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Le Rack wrote:
    Is it just me or have two great bands; Nirvana and Metallica become wicked common??? I know at least in the south-east all these wannabe rockers have made these bands common and its depressing and disgusting what they've done to them!! :mad:

What are you on about. Just because some people you dont like enjoy listening to the same music as you, you change your opinion of these bands.

That makes you as much a fake as those people who just listen to the music to fit in with a certain crowd.

Personally i could not care if some 12old wants to listen to slipknot, metallica whatever else to rebel and act cool or what ever. I like this music and i will continue to like it no matter who else does and if you were a true fan you would do the same.

mo_thoin wrote:
    Me???
    Why are you callin me 12?? I'm tryna make the same point as you!
    Sorry, that was directed at Le Rack. :) Apologies, I forgot to include the quote.

Le Rack, what has listing bacds you listen to got to do with anythign? Is this a list of bands you would disregard if some skater kids started listening to them? All this seems like is you trying to come accross like a mad elitist, and tbh, just appearing like a spoil little kid.

What are you on about. Just because some people you dont like enjoy listening to the same music as you, you change your opinion of these bands.

That makes you as much a fake as those people who just listen to the music to fit in with a certain crowd.

Personally i could not care if some 12old wants to listen to slipknot, metallica whatever else to rebel and act cool or what ever. I like this music and i will continue to like it no matter who else does and if you were a true fan you would do the same.
    I do still like the music. I do still listen to it. I just dont like the way these little wannabes treat the music!

• Advertisement

No another poster said they wanted to know of the "rare unheard" of bands that I listen to, I put the quote in to I think. And I wouldnt disregard them just as I havent disregarded Nirvana and Metallica, Im simply sayng these kids are making them common because they're usuall the only two rock bands skaters listen to, and yet they know nothing about them and usually only know a fracton of their songs.

Get over it. The kids have always been like that. And always will. Everybody has to start somehwhere, and they're only young, leave them be. I'm sure you could have been held in a similar regard when you were their age.

Ha not a chance! I unfortunately and shamefully was quiet the teenie-bopper at 12!!!!!!!!!!!!! But at 13 I went straight to the hard core sh!t. not trying to make myself sound big I was just instantly hooked on the really heavy music

I'm sure people looked at you and thought what a sap, trying to be different.Especially when before that you were probably into the Spice Girls.

oh cummon every girl who was like 8 when the Spice Girls were out was into them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would make you what, 12, now?

QED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Nirvana and Metallica suck anyway so youre just making yourself look more like an idiot for fighting against some peon little ****er in your area...Theres better bands man, those kids dont realise it and nor do you it seems.They listen to what they know because they think its cool and do not know any better than you.

Look, this is so pointless!!
    If it doesn't change your view of the bands then whats your problem?? get over it!!
    If they're happy then leave them be!!! at least it can be marked as them beginin to get sense an a good taste in music!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Le Rack wrote:
    cuz I listen to rare unheard of bands.

I listento Reliquary, My Lost Cause, S K Krow, Inkubus Sukkubus, Blackened Soul, The Cryptkickers, Narcoleptic Dreams, Oleum, Blood Splashed Brides, Vampire Division, Unfinished Thought, and many more. And no they are not made up cuz if they were I wouldn't have their music.

Ever wonder why these bands are unheard of?

Here's a hint:

Because they're S H I T E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Phil_321 wrote:
    Ever wonder why these bands are unheard of?

Here's a hint:

Because they're S H I T E

So, by that logic, the more heard they are, the better they are? In that case, you must be a huge fan of Girls Aloud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

This has got to be a joke thread? Surely?

Anyway heres my tuppence worth:

I listen to music that I like without any preconceptions about it.If I like it,I like i.It doesnt matter in the slightest if it is chart music or as obscure as it comes.

If other people like similar music then great,whoever they are.

I happen to like Metallica and Nirvana and if little skater kids are listening to them cause they think its hip then good for them.

But why is this being brought up now?Nirvana and Metallica have been in the "mainstream" for years.

I still think this is a joke thread though.......... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

I won't deny it, I'm a big fan of two members of Girls Aloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Le Rack wrote:
    And no they are not made up cuz if they were I wouldn't have their music.
    :D Funniest line in this thread......

Go Karl I love You Man

Advertisement