Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullet for my valentine

• 03-04-2005 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this band on scuzz/kerrang lately? They are a new welsh band and have a cool song out called 'Four reasons to choke'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭open_book

Yeah the song has really caught me. Great riffing and dynamics, not too into that type of growling singing which all the new metal bands seem to do for the past few years but I like it! 'look, at, me, NOW!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

It does grab ya alright. Single came out last I think. They've got a mini-album type thing out as well 'Hand of Blood'. They're supporting Funeral For A Friend at the Ambassador in June.

Four Reasons sample if you haven't heard it
    http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=282;2;-1;-1&sku=366003

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

The song is called Four Words to Choke Upon. They have an EP out at the moment. You can pick it up in HMV for like a tenner. They're brilliant. Really talented. If they're supporting Funeral For A Friend I might go, just for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

They supported 36 Crazyfist in the TBMC and they are extremely talented. These lads can put on a excellent show. There good and really nice guys too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Also playing Graspop this year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Static-SC

Good band.. But they just copied Machine Head in my opinion.. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

UNREAL BAND!!
    Got their mini album the other day, great stuff. Cant wait for the gig with FFAF. Tis gonna be unreal
    If you havent heard them check them out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Heard that song on Scuzz and then i downloaded it, awesome song. Hopefully see them at the FFAF gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Static-SC wrote:
    Good band.. But they just copied Machine Head in my opinion.. :confused:

I agree, though it doesn't change that they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I reeeeeally like this band........such kick ass guitar riffs and the drums are really cool aswell!!!......hell yeah they can try and up-stage FFAF.....it'll never happen!!....should be one helluva gig!!.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Drums

Yeah I think they're great. I like that song "Hand Of Blood"
    Also they have a song called "No More Sorrow" and when they do it live they somehow make it into 45 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I love this band. The EP is called Bullet for my Valentine, isnt it? Hand of Blood was the first single from it. Still havent seen them live yet and im gonna miss GNR now with them supporting. Didnt really know them before the FFAF gig though. And yes, they would (easily) upstage FFAF, me thinks. My favourite songs of theirs would have to All these I hate etc., Hand of Blood, Curses & Suffocating under Words of Sorrow. Anyway, thats my two cents for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Woeful vocals, woeful lyrics, cool riffs, drums & guitarwork. Got their EP last summer...2 good songs on it. Highly recycled stuff, but well polished nonetheless.

They have a full album out now, it's much better than then the EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

mate of mine gave me the EP and album. they're not bad... like someone already said, very MH-esque. i don't really like the vocals but there's enough talent there to keep me interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Nothing worth a dime here, just another emo/metalcore band following the same rusty formula as the rest. Really, is no one sick of this tired old formula yet? It's getting ridiculous, I've been hearing the same band on scuzz for the last 2 years, just sometimes the band is more emo or more metal but it's always the same rubbish. Bah, I give up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Repli wrote:
    Anyone seen this band on scuzz/kerrang lately? They are a new welsh band and have a cool song out called 'Four reasons to choke'
    My Scuzz seems yo have disappeared!
    Did it change channel and I have to tune it in or something?
    Bah, I need my one decent song an hour channel.

Sky changed all their channel numbers around a while back.
    As for all the emo in it....small doses.

Ah i know they not original! Its just like Trivium. Same old same old. But im not big into metal and dont like MH or Pantera or those! so BFMV shall do me for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

All These Things was scarily catchy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

as is 'cries in vain', my favourite song on their album.

Cries in Vain was on both albums! Madness i thought when it started playin on both.

Suffocating Under Words of Sorrow' is my favourite.

I was also quite partial to 'Hand of Blood', why didn't that make it onto the album?

Hand of Blood was on the debut EP! it was a self-titled thing. Quite good. Curses is a great song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

can't believe someone just said that they don't like Pantera :eek:

Everybody should like Pantera....it's like....the law :D

Anyhoo, back to topic. Picked up the BFMV album. Couple of catchy tunes but an awful lot of filler material. That song..it's the new single...can't think of the name but the chorus goes "just back off before I snap" is terrible

If you read my post properly you would see im not big into metal and so dont like Pantera. Its the same with most metal bands who everybody loves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

BFMV, Super talented guys on there instuments, listened to one of there songs and thought yes let there be a new class metal band then after 30 or so seconds they went gay and runed there cances of ever being listened to again by me, Why are there so many bands like this around??

O and yes no matter if you like metal or not, listening to pantera should be LAW.

What happened after 30 seconds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

He stopped singing and started shouting.

I got their album for my birthday 2 weeks ago. I like "All These Things I Hate", "Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow" and "10 Years Today". The rest is ok I thought, but I'm more a fan of actually singing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

He stopped singing and started shouting.

I got their album for my birthday 2 weeks ago. I like "All These Things I Hate", "Suffocating Under Words Of Sorrow" and "10 Years Today". The rest is ok I thought, but I'm more a fan of actually singing

Advertisement