Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bullet for my valentine

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Spoderman

Patricide wrote:
    BFMV, Super talented guys on there instuments, listened to one of there songs and thought yes let there be a new class metal band then after 30 or so seconds they went gay and runed there cances of ever being listened to again by me, Why are there so many bands like this around??

O and yes no matter if you like metal or not, listening to pantera should be LAW.

Dunno if I'd call them super talented. True, they can write some damn catchy riffs but technically, I wouldn't rank them that highly. Now Dragonforce, there are some super talented guys on their instruments.

Cheers for backing me up on the Pantera. I think we should try to get a bill into the Dáil :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

"He stopped singing and started shouting."

I think you've the wrong end of the stick there... First of all, whining and singing are not the same thing. Second, they had potential as a fabulous metal band until they did the emo whiny breakdown thing. They're pretty good on their instruments too. Some nice guitar work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

until they did the emo whiny breakdown thing.
    I thought they were always like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I think you've the wrong end of the stick there... First of all, whining and singing are not the same thing. Second, they had potential as a fabulous metal band until they did the emo whiny breakdown thing. They're pretty good on their instruments too. Some nice guitar work.

Personally I prefer when a singer sings (I use the term loosely) rather than growls or shouts. That's just me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭violetdream

bit cheese ball for me -- another band of the moment......

who mentioned this ****e and pantera in the same sentence!??

kneel!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

theyre awful in absolutely every wayt. whiny emo vocals, money inspired chrouses...just recycled megadeth and tallica riffs. theyre abhorrent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭kevin_de_big

theyre awful in absolutely every way. whiny emo vocals, money inspired chrouses...just recycled megadeth and tallica riffs. theyre abhorrent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know i said i like them, and im not changin my opinion, and people are sayin they have recycled Megadeth and Tallica riffs and that sort of thing. I dont mind the criticism, but please dont say now that you like Trvium! Just please now say if you like them or not. Personally i hate them and find them more like Metallica than BFMV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Yup you got it right there man after thirty seconds they went and turned into pussy emo tards, i mean its not singing if its in a whiney tone its whineing with melody. Still though gotta give credit where credits due, Fantastic talent and hell if they can sell records fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

I love BFMV brings back some memories anyone see the video for just another star :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

BFMV is not a band i like, but considering they are supposedly the main support at Guns N Roses i will have to go and see them. I liked them last year, when they pulled out of playing with Funeral for a Friend in the Ambassador (another ticket wasted), but unfortunely my opinion changed because they have become so embraced by the media its unlikely they'll have the same impact as I once taught they would. Chimaira were embraced by the media, and now after being dropped from Roadrunner, they've the original drummer back but no major hype. KSE are the same, expect theyve been on hiatus a long time, and I think BFMV will end up the same way really. They have staying power for sure, but not as long term mainstream stars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

BFMV is not a band i like, but considering they are supposedly the main support at Guns N Roses i will have to go and see them. I liked them last year, when they pulled out of playing with Funeral for a Friend in the Ambassador (another ticket wasted), but unfortunely my opinion changed because they have become so embraced by the media its unlikely they'll have the same impact as I once taught they would. Chimaira were embraced by the media, and now after being dropped from Roadrunner, they've the original drummer back but no major hype. KSE are the same, expect theyve been on hiatus a long time, and I think BFMV will end up the same way really. They have staying power for sure, but not as long term mainstream stars
    I don't understand...How is any of that relevant to whether you would enjoy their music or not? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I liked them last year, when they pulled out of playing with Funeral for a Friend in the Ambassador (another ticket wasted), but unfortunely my opinion changed because they have become so embraced by the media its unlikely they'll have the same impact as I once taught they would.
    Same with this..what he hell? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Chimaira got dropped by roadrunner???????????SAy it isnt so i mean there last album may have been an atrocity but now that theyve gotten andols back they look like there gonna get good again, as for killswitch to my knowlege there still touring behind the end of heartache so id say theyl be getting down to busisness soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

:confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement