Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tory Party lurches to the right of the BNP

Options
  • 03-04-2005 11:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

....well it does in Slough a grim concrete hole west of London 'famous' for being the home of the mars bar .

The local tories selected a geezer named Robert Oulds to contest the next general election, HQ approves but then he is caught with an AK47 in strange circumstances , (albeit by a camera :) ) . His Defence :) =
    "Mr Oulds told The Sun: "Those photos were taken at the home of a member of the Conservative association."
    This was all described by the Vice Chairman of the Tory Party thus :
    "This was a serious error of judgement which was unacceptable in a parliamentary candidate"
    The Slough Tories sigh and promptly replace him with Adrian Hilton. This Adrian Hilton is a nasty xenophobic sectarian sh1tbag of the highest order ....so bad is he that his 'writings' feature highly on the www.ianpaisley.org website and are there described as "brilliant"

Here is his explanation of the EU for yiz

Adrian Hilton has published a brilliant study The Principality and Power of Europe, subtitled Britain and the Emerging Holy European Empire. Every British patriot and every Christian should read it. It was published by Dorchester House in1997. Hilton exposes the emerging Europe as a Vatican plot and links it with the role of the Ecumenical Movement. He mentions how Roman Catholicism has as strong tendency towards centralism and views it as wholly necessary for individual nations and churches to merge their individual identities into a larger body, beneath the guise of avoiding future wars and uniting Christian witness. The spiritual values of the Church of Rome, however, as well as its perceived right to rule in the temporal affairs of the world and its role in global politics, constitute an ethos which is alien to the Biblical Protestant traditions of Britain, which are more than 400 years old. Today's climate of compromising ecumenism would have us believe it is possible for the two to co-exist, yet the laws and the constitution of the United Kingdom are diametrically opposed by European laws. One has to submit to the other.

Anyway, it now seems the Tories have abolished the Slough Tory party and have imposed someone more anodyne as a candidate , but hark !
    The threat came amid concern from some senior Tories that the party's hard line on allegedly wayward candidates had "gone over the top
    that from The Daily Torygraph

The real twist is that Oulds and Hilton were BOTH on an Approved List of candidates in the Tory Central Office in the first place .

B'stards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,196 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Tories are an irrelevance here in Scotland... long may it continue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Forgot to mention the German Spy

"The Conservative leadership is seeking to turn the heat on Labour by claiming that it has identified the “German spy” responsible for recording Mr Flight’s comments at a Thatcherite gathering last Wednesday night."

(Flight was the Tory Deputy Chairman sacked last week )

From

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1546873,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

The Tories are an irrelevance here in Scotland... long may it continue

because of FPTP they still get about a sizeable vote dont they

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I think this can all be interpreted as signs of desperation from the tory party as they watch their support base atomise.... it wouldn't suprise me if they made an attempt to get support from the radical left next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Out of interest: in Scotland is there any conservative right of center party emerging or would any of the other main parties Labour / LibDems move to right to pick up dis-affected Tory voters?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 WHEELER4

I found that insert about Adrian Hilton's "Principality and the Power of Europe" very interesting. Yes, Rome is very centralizing. Britain should have its own Patriarch but Protestantism is just as dangerous because of its "leveling" instincts. It's anticlericalism spilled into the political realm and has done nothing but kill people.

Speaking of Levelling and admittedly OT but hey! :) ,

The former British poet laureate John Betjeman was moved to write a poem about Slough some 70 years ago. It is still relevant today and may actually help to explain to us why the Tories out there like loopers.

"Come, friendly bombs, and fall on Slough
    It isn't fit for humans now,
    There isn't grass to graze a cow
    Swarm over, Death!

Come, bombs, and blow to smithereens
    Those air-conditioned, bright canteens,
    Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans
    Tinned minds, tinned breath."

More of same !

http://www.pmms.cam.ac.uk/~gjm11/poems/slough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I think that with Michael Howards recently expressed views on immigration and his party`s uncritical euroskepticism the Tories and the BNP may aswell merge.

• Advertisement

I think that with Michael Howards recently expressed views on immigration and his party`s uncritical euroskepticism the Tories and the BNP may aswell merge.

except of course micheal howard is jewish neo nazis like the BNP tend to dislike jews for some reason

i think that is wish full thinking unfortunately the tories will move back to the centre just like labour did

about 20 years ago similar stuff was being said about the labour party ie that they were unelectable

couple of years the tories will be back the brits will be fed up of 12 or whatever years of labour some bushy tailed young tory will come along thatcher will be a distant memory europe will be sorted like labour sorted out the militant labour and it will start all over again

unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ummm...yes. That would work out, considering the vastly differing philosophies and ideologies..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭solo1

They may be locked in a "who hates the travellers / immigrants more" competition, but they seem to be both courting the gay vote. Which is some sort of progress, I suppose.

solo1 wrote:
    They may be locked in a "who hates the travellers / immigrants more" competition, but they seem to be both courting the gay vote. Which is some sort of progress, I suppose.

as long as your not a gay traveller/immigrant

paint the caravan pink and you should be cool !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

yes lets demonise the other side as monsters to make ourselves look good ...

Manach wrote:
    yes lets demonise the other side as monsters to make ourselves look good

Great Idea Manach. I'll start with a Tory quote about law and order in the Short Strand (I think it was )

'' I do not understand this sqeamishness about the use of gas. I am strongly in favour of using poison gas against uncivilised tribes ''

Winston Churchill. c.1920

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Great Idea Manach. I'll start with a Tory quote about law and order in the Short Strand (I think it was )

'' I do not understand this sqeamishness about the use of gas. I am strongly in favour of using poison gas against uncivilised tribes ''

Winston Churchill. c.1920
    Erm, firstly he was talking about the Arabs and Kurds rather than the Irish.

Secondly it was 1919 rather than 1920 ( I appreciate your "circa" but there's actually nothing correct in there so I'm tossing this one in as well).

Thirdly you're misquoting or editquoting. The full quote, which even the most brief research on google would have shown, was "I do not understand this squeamishness about the use of gas. We have definitely adopted the position at the Peace Conference of arguing in favour of the retention of gas as a permanent method of warfare. It is sheer affectation to lacerate a man with the poisonous fragment of a bursting shell and to boggle at making his eyes water by means of lachrymatory gas. I am strongly in favour of using poisoned gas against uncivilised tribes. The moral effect should be so good that the loss of life should be reduced to a minimum. It is not necessary to use only the most deadly gasses: gasses can be used which cause great inconvenience and would spread a lively terror and yet would leave no serious permanent effects on most of those affected." Still contains the two lines presented but there's rather a different context on it, despite the full quote recommending the use of what we might now regard as a nasty WMD that even the Americans mightn't use if they thought anyone was watching (though in fairness, read it twice and he's clearly referring to tear gas).

Fourthly in 1919 Churchill was a member of the Liberal party. Not Tory and didn't become a Tory again for another few years. Hence why he was part of the negotiating team with Michael Collins while the Liberals were in power.

No offence but even as a troll that would have been worse than useless;) Especially given that I can't see the link with your own thread. Slough is a bit of a kip though.

All done or does anyone have anything relevant to add?

• Advertisement
Advertisement