Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil

Options
  • 03-04-2005 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭

Just installed this earlier. Seems pretty good so far. REEEALLLLY dark at start, but I think they do it on purpose. Places you in the sh*tter pretty quickly, and you get the new grabber gun straight away. It's much cooler looking than the HL2 version (insert stupid "lol doom copied hl2 lol comment here") and is way more useful. So far it's pretty good, but don't expect much beyond slightly better graphics and some new enemies and guns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

is there a duct-tape addon for the flashlight?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i would hate if they added that in, the whole thing about only allowed to have a flash light out with a gun was to create atmosphere and i think it worked.

but then again the year the game was set (2048 if memory serves me right) surely they have guns with flash lights on them they even have them in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Having a flashlight with limited battery and that recharged suitably slowly would've been nice.
    Or even a small diameter light on the gun that takes longer to recharge along the 'normal' one as a backup with wider diameter but you don't have a gun in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

You've thought about this too much SyxPak.

However, you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I heard nothing about this; what's the jist?
    Expansion pack? Grabber gun=gravity gun? Storyline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Crucifix wrote:
    I heard nothing about this; what's the jist?
    Expansion pack? Grabber gun=gravity gun? Storyline?

storyline in Doom.....!!? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Burn the heretic!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

RuggieBear wrote:
    storyline in Doom.....!!? :confused::D
    lol, ok point taken. I mean does it tie in with Doom 3 in anyway at all.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I assume also that Nightvision goggles were found to cause inner-ear cancer and were banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

apparantly u get a suit later on which has a built in flash light me thinks....
    double barrell shotgun is meant to be the shiz niz though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lol i seem to have misplaced my Doom 3 cds.

Well bugger that anyway.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah you get a suit with a flash light on it.

It continues on from DoomIII in a way. You find out what has happened to betruger. Very Sam Neill in "Event Horizion"

Advertisement