Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1995 C180 Elegance

Options
  • 04-04-2005 5:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of buying a '95 C180, its the Elegance spec. So I was just wondering if anyone has any feedback on this car from previous ownership or whatever.

Any info about the car would be appericated as I don't know that much about it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

if the main ecu computer blows (which does happen) u are looking at 2500 euro to fix it.
    other parts are very dear also.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

As lomb says parts are dear.
    My dad had a 96 C180 esprit and they are slow,not a lot of power in a heavy car,he now has a new C200 which isn't much quicker.
    There should be plenty of service history and don't buy one without an nct.
    Check the rear tyres for wear as they are rwd.
    Make sure you buy one in a proper colour eg Blue black silver etc don't buy a white one as you will never sell it.
    Also make sure you buy one with as many extras as possible as low spec one are also hard to sell.
    Check everything else that would apply to any other car,panel gaps,overspray,diferent shades of paint,condition of seats and gear knob steering wheel for mileage reasons,if they seem new they could of been replaced and these cars are easily clocked so beware of anything with low mileage.
    Apart from that they are a good solid car that will last if looked after.

Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Thanks for the help lads.

I am buying from a dealer, and am getting 3 months warrenty on the car. The interior is in very good condition but I don't think it has been replaced. It is dark blue, and is the Elegance model, which is the highest spec. It has done 140,000, and the engine sounds very smooth. There are some minor scratches to the paintwork, mainly on the bumpers, other then that it seems in good condition.

On the point about expensive parts, I have been driving a Renault for the past two years, and not only are they outragously expensive, €7.50 for a tiny bulb for the dash, whixh I needed six of!! but I would bet that they breakdown more often the Mercedes anyway. Guess I will have to wait and see what the C180 is gonna cost me when something goes wrong!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I would'nt have one myself (they're not as long-lasting as a 190e) but if you buy, bookmark the following www.andyspares.com which will take you to "German Swedish and French" who have a depot in Dublin. You can download the stock pdf from the site.

Mike.

Advertisement