Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese pen pal exchange

• 04-04-2005 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,
    Im from Dublin and I am currently living in Japan and teaching English in a Japanese secondary school. I would really like to set up a pen pal network via email or post with a Dublin School that is studying Japanese. I have found it very difficult to get a list of schools that offer Japanese for the Leaving Cert or in Transition year. I need contact details to see if anyone is interested in becoming involved. Can anybody enlighten me?
    Also from reading this site, am I right in saying that anyone who is sitting Japanese in the Leaving cert must study it outside of school hours? If so could anyone give me contact details of the places or teachers they go to take lessons. Maybe they would be interested in this project.
    It would be a great way to interact with Japanese students of similar age through Japanese and English and make the language become real and interesting. If successful it may lead to cultural exchange classes and maybe even a student exchange...It could also help students who are preparing for the Leaving cert or students who are just studying out of interest.

Comments

Advertisement