Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4m/bit Broadband enhanced = No upgrade at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Still no increase in speed. I'm beginning to wonder if there ever will be lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Yeah, i still have their letter congratulating me on my speed increase here, :rolleyes:
    what a bunch of asshats.

is the 3mb produst working as promised? It may be worth my while downgrading, even if it means taking on a 40Gb cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Im on eircom 3Mb line in Oranmore. Upgrade went without any problems. Irisihisp test reports dl at 2.58Mps

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

Mine start off at about that speed, but averages at 2.11 or thereabouts.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

Here are my router stats if you want to compare

ADSL Line State: Up
    ADSL Startup Attempts: 2
    ADSL Modulation: DMT
    Datapump Version: 3.38.2
    Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin: 23.69 24.00 dB
    Line Attenuation: 22.89 15.00 dB
    Output Power: 19.51 11.97 dB
    Errored Seconds: 0 0
    Loss of Signal: 0 0
    Loss of Frame: 0 0
    CRC Errors: 0 0
    Data Rate: 3072 256

☀️ 7.6kWp ⚡3.4kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Another update, mine has been fixed. I get the occasional drop (on both HEANet and ESat) to 200-210Kbps, but nothing extraordinary, and only for 2 seconds, so I'm reasonably sure I'd see that on most internet routes anyway. But now I'm getting 405-415Kbps, so that's more like it.

I got another call back from the agent formerly known as ****** as well, fair play to him for actually giving a crap, and chasing it to get it sorted.. eircom.net would do well to learn from him, rather than the supposed other way around.

So, all is normal on this Terenure 4Mb eircom DSL line (and here's to hoping it stays that way!).

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SixtyFwee

We are still not upgraded. Anyone else fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

finglas, whitehall and crumlin exchanges still unchanged also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Ok as of 16.39 I'm now receiving some decent speeds. 400k/b per second accross the board on every link I've tried. Somebody has fixed the problem. Congratulations eircom, it took a while but you got there in the end.

Now, I'm looking forward to the upgrade to 8m/bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

Well, one of the 3 lines in Limerick I mentioned previously has been "fixed".

27% [=======> ] 12,764,872 420.41K/s ETA 01:18

Luckily it's the home one. Two work lines still showing under 250.

Cheers,
    Dave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Restarted the modem and I'm now getting 420KB/s - connected to Dolphins Barn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Nope, still unchanged @ 2mbit. Sandyford (295) exchange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Integra

finglas, crumlin and whitehall now downloading at 420k/sec at least!!!

so much for the lines not supporting it hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Getting between 3 and 3.5Mbit here now, although modem connecting at 4mbit:
    (in fact the max speed is *suspiciously* consistent at a 3.5mbit limit, ah well it's progress anyway!!)

Operational data report : near end (Downstream)
    Attainable line rate : 5528 kbit/sec
    Attainable Atm rate : 4608 kbit/sec
    Used line rate : 4932 kbit/sec
    Fast used Atm rate : 0 kbit/sec
    Interleaved used Atm rate : 4096 kbits/sec
    Rel. capacity occupation : 89
    Noise Margin : 7 dB
    Line attenuation : 45 dB
    Output Power : 19 dBm

Hopefully should settle down in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

Wellington Rd., Cork still not fixed yet.

4Mb package still only getting 250KB/s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

ya got a call this morning from one of the support guys, I think he is the head of eircom.net support. Unsure.

Basically restart your router/modem/thing and it'll sort itself.

Losts of sorrys etc :)

Paul

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its great that the enhanced packages speeds are finally fixed but it looks like we'll have to wait another year for another upgrade but what will that upgrade be.... im hoping its gonna be a big improvement in the upload speeds, at least 256k for homestarter and 512k for homeplus and 1mb for the business packages.... plus double the caps for the home starter and home plus accounts, but more than likely eircom will roll out the adsl2 and just up the download speeds again leaving the upload untouched... we'll wait and see..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

flamegrill wrote:
    ya got a call this morning from one of the support guys, I think he is the head of eircom.net support. Unsure.

Basically restart your router/modem/thing and it'll sort itself.

Losts of sorrys etc :)

Paul

:) yup worked for us, earlier today.

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

malahide seems to be sorted.
    irishspeedteset puts it at 3.4mbps though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

malahide seems to be sorted.
    irishspeedteset puts it at 3.4mbps though.

that would be fairly normal ish .. your never going to get the full on 4mbps - its impossible due to many technical reasons. Anything over 350KB/s should be pretty good.

Paul

• Advertisement

i'm still getting the regular disconnects though....
    is everyone getting these or should i start getting onto eircom about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

digitalninja, think you should get back on to Eircom about that one.

re: the 4mbit upgrade, it seems like they are giving us the first 2mbit more or less as a base line, then the next 2mbit up to 4mbit is contended.

I'm seeing a lot of variation in download speeds above 2mbit, where previously it would have been more constant, although it rarely drops below 2. I think previously they were just giving us more or less the full 2mbit, now for the upgrades they are applying the contention ratios to the additional bandwidth. Then again, it might change as they tweak it.

edit: I think a lot of this variation is due to local changes in the upload connection, need to check how much uplink bandwidth you need to use in ACKs for a full 4mbit download.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

Mine has disconnected a few times today, it's only been UP, 1 hour 40. But yes I'm on the 3 megabit package, getting 2.46. Should be a tad higher than that, but at 306 Kbytes/sec it's quick enough, and will probably get that bit faster. I'm happy it's "finally" fixed, but I don't like the fact that we were lied to on more than one occasion. Ok not me personally, but if I had rang up early, I would have gotten the same BS excuse the rest of you did.

Gav

I'm seeing a lot of variation in download speeds above 2mbit, where previously it would have been more constant, although it rarely drops below 2. I think previously they were just giving us more or less the full 2mbit, now for the upgrades they are applying the contention ratios to the additional bandwidth. Then again, it might change as they tweak it.

I'm seeing the same - the bandwidth stability is all over the place.

bah.
    i'll ring them tomorrow about the disconnects :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭lynchie

Nangor Rd exchange is fine too.. Getting a solid 410KB/s now.. sweet ;)
    ncftp /pub/linux/kernel/v2.6 > get linux-2.6.7.tar.bz2
    linux-2.6.7.tar.bz2:                                    33.47 MB  410.19 kB/s
    ncftp /pub/linux/kernel/v2.6 >

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SixtyFwee

Anyone else still not upgraded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Mine was upgraded last week, but it's been really erratic all day today, speed drops from ~400K down to 20, browsing grinds to a halt for a few minutes, then it slowly picks up again.
    Speeds are hovering around 150K now and wont go above it. :confused: really pissing me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Getting 3.46mb at work fairly constantly now. Finally.

mine is the same as echomadman's - its all over the ****ing place...
    router is reporting that its connected at 1024mbps too...
    WTF?
    I'm ringing them again in the morning, gonna demand some real answers this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

echomadman wrote:
    Mine was upgraded last week, but it's been really erratic all day today, speed drops from ~400K down to 20, browsing grinds to a halt for a few minutes, then it slowly picks up again.
    Speeds are hovering around 150K now and wont go above it. :confused: really pissing me off.

I'm on 2meg and it's the same here today, very bad :(

Advertisement