Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4m/bit Broadband enhanced = No upgrade at all.

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

I am now on 1024kbps and the dropping of the connections have stopped.
    Where the hell is my bandwidth gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

For a 4MBit download, 1 connection downloading at full speed would result in 8 or 9 kbytes/sec upload , just for TCP Acks.

anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

my connection is ok *knocks on wood*

but my speeds constatly drop, they are never stable :(

they were just fine couple of days ago,

what do you think have caused them? I just have no idea what can do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

CyberGhost wrote:
    I'm on 2meg and it's the same here today, very bad :(
    Me too. I started noticing it late last week. When I was first upgraded everything was fine, full speed downloads virtually from everywhere, but last week things started to slow down and now I'm getting d/l speeds all over the place. My news server in the US (Supernews) is trickling in at a measly 85 kBytes/sec, for instance, and even ftp.heanet.ie is as slow as sh1t at the moment. I'm not a happy bunny :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

My connection has been 100% since the 12th.

damn now my connection is starting to drop without a reason too :(

could it really be that eircom can't handle the load?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fcomerforduk

Just to note to anyone who is very close to an exchange and still recieving a low connection speed. Because you are very close to the exchange dose not mean that you telephone line is going straight across the road it maybe for all the world going half way around the town or city then back to the exchange. something you would need to ask eircom about if they know :)

anyway thats it cheers :)

Just to note to anyone who is very close to an exchange and still recieving a low connection speed. Because you are very close to the exchange dose not mean that you telephone line is going straight across the road it maybe for all the world going half way around the town or city then back to the exchange. something you would need to ask eircom about if they know :)

anyway thats it cheers :)

oh yes!

Welcome to the forums btw! :)

i have now been downgraded back to 1mb for the last month.
    what a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Sorry to hear that. Looks like you have been very unlucky. I'd get on to your account manager and declare war!

Advertisement