Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll 1 - On Line Sites ... Highest Standard of Play

Options
  • 04-04-2005 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Which on line site has the highest standard of play?

Using a $20 STT as point of reference.

The highest standard of play on a $20 STT is to be found on 17 votes

Paddy Power (& Tribeca Sites)
    0%
    Ladbrokes ( & Microgaming Sites)
    0%
    Pokerstars
    47%
    mewsoWaylanderLafortezzaHyzepherImposterHippoAmarilloFatsazzeretti 8 votes
    Party Poker
    35%
    DapperGentDub13BrendanBHectorjellyCulchieRodge 6 votes
    PokerRoom
    0%
    Ultimate Bet
    0%
    Betfair (W Hill & Interpoker)
    5%
    Juan Pablo 1 vote
    Other
    5%
    lolkelly 1 vote
    Generally all the same
    5%
    NickyOD 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Generally all the same
    I think I'm probably the only person here who plays on Full Tilt. Without a doubt the play there is way tougher than any other site I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Party Poker
    For STTs I've found PokerStars to have the highest quality. If only because everyone is really tight which works well in an STT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I've played at that level on PokerStars, Party Poker and Paddy Power, and found the level of play to be similar on all three sites. If you play very tight for 25 minutes, three or four runners in a $20 STT will have knocked themselves out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

At that level then you will find they are mostly the same. However if you move up to $50 you wil start to notice a big difference between sites. Pokerstars, Full tilt and Ultimate Bet would be the hardest to win because they offer longer structures allowing good players to play their game.

One point to note in the poll, the players on Ladbrokes are different to all the other micro gaming sites, they just use the same software.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Pokerstars
    I'm mystified about what people say of VC because the last few $25 STTs I've played there has a guaranteed 3/4 idiots on them. A year ago it was a much better. I haven't played laddies in a while but I do remember it being of a good standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I've played at that level on PokerStars, Party Poker and Paddy Power, and found the level of play to be similar on all three sites. If you play very tight for 25 minutes, three or four runners in a $20 STT will have knocked themselves out.

Noticed that on Pokerstars all right but the problem is then,
    3 or 4 others (posssibly one player) will have their chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Generally all the same
    Shortstack wrote:
    At that level then you will find they are mostly the same. However if you move up to $50 you wil start to notice a big difference between sites. Pokerstars, Full tilt and Ultimate Bet would be the hardest to win because they offer longer structures allowing good players to play their game.

Absolutely. The $50 on PS are a whole different ball-ame whereas between the $20s and $30s there is a marginal difference if any. From my experience on Full Tilt though I'd say their $20 SnGs are much tougher than PS, and would be somewhere between the equivelent of a PS $30 and $50. I've never played on UB, but as soon as I clear my FT bonus I'm there. I hear good things about their MTTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Oops
    ECHO, ECHO.

Advertisement