Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Business BB

• 04-04-2005 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

I've seen lots of threads concerning eircom home bb, but none on business bb. Unless I missed one during my extensive search.

There is still no update to the business bb specs on their site, even though home ones are updated. No letter or anything official either.

However, the 512Kb limit for the lowest level of business bb appears to have gone to 2Mb this weekend. I managed to get 212KB/s download from HEANET, which is about 1.6Mbps, so we can assume that 2Mbps is the new limit. I never got above 53Kbps on the 512Kbps line, so the fact that I can get only 212Kbps maximum (tried a few different download sites), is weird, i.e. exactly 4 times the previous limit, which was itself well below 64KB/s. Its as if they have 10 bits in their byte calculation...

Comments

Advertisement