Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fave 80's Metal

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Shame you can't vote for all of them :)

My least favourite based on the categories above would be brain metal but the rest I love equally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

the genres are made up bollox and i cant pick any one of them because they've f*cked up them up too much everythings in the wrong place. W.A.S.P. being No-Brainer metal?? The man(Blackie Lawless) wrote one of the best rock operas ever(Crimson Idol)!! And The Headless Children is an incredible collection of songs some of which are written very thoughtfully and purposefully about then current and past events.

And what the hell is Euro-Metal?? that could be ANYTHING, black metal, power metal, NWOBHM, thrash metal...ANYTHING!!

I hate this journalistic crap, you'd expect better, but unfortunatly people couldnt care less anymore. I bet you wouldnt have found this low standard in metal magazines in the Eighties.

And as much as i love Manowar, Joey's bass solos are incredibly bad, he's sacrificed skill for speed and thats just not right, he could play well, but he doesnt. William's Tale is awful, he makes so many mistakes and goes out of time all over the place. Fight of the Bumblebee is fairly decent though for the most part, and jesus dont even mention *shudder* Thunderpick!! Damn good songs and great musicians apart from Joey's solos though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I had to pick Euro Metal (whatever that is exactly) as Maiden, Whitesnake and Leppard were there. But AC/DC, Motorhead, WASP, Ozzy, Guns'n'Roses, Motley Crue and Metalica were among my favourites too. So what is the point of this poll exactly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

What? No black metal? Pah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!

(and stupid music "journalists")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Thrash \m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

To stay in the lingo, I think I am also a Europe Metal guy: PRIEST and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

what happened to the death metal category??
    early death like obituary and even sepulturas earlier stuff could be considered death metal

these catagories are lame :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Suff

Well....I love Def Leppard (still listen to them, "Yeah!" the new album is out) but I wont put them in any Metal Cat as they are Hard Rock/ pop band.

as for Manowar, they are funny, the thing with them is simply not to take them seriously just enjoy a good song! lost interest in them thesedays.

I'm into Def Leppard, G'N'R, Joe Satriani, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hedrix, Alice Cooper, Ozzy, Megadeth David bowie, Tom Waits (WOW he's sooo F*@&%£> Brillaint Recommended album "Alice") and Thin Lizzy.

those are labeled these days as "Dad Rock"

I have to say that I dont enjoy any of todays new rock/metal bands.
    to me they all sound just the same.

I cant remember the last time (say 5 years) I heared a song that mad me go "WOW thats sooo F*@/&%$ Brillaint!!!!!!!!!! " and thats regardless of the style of music,...rock, metal or whatever you may call it.

any out there with the same feeling!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Pointlessly overclassified metal plz.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Ya definately Thrash metal...although I do like Guns N' Roses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

I think I prefer 'false' metal myself. :rolleyes:
    As for Manowar having stayed true to metal when the big(ger) bucks were elsewhere - where's the merit in that? It doesn't make their music inherently better or anything. The same sounds still come out of their CDs, regardless of what they were getting paid.
    But yeah, rock journalism of this sort is the weakest of sauce. Thrash FTW

Advertisement