Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plasma screen monitor connections help

Options
  • 04-04-2005 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Anyone know of a good TV tuner box for this plasma monitor (42" philips 420p10/00)
    Its a Plasma monitor so no tuner built in.
    It has the following inputs:
    VGA (have a laptop to run through this)
    DVI
    S-Video
    CVBS? (Is this the yellow phono lead).
    Component video,

I could just plug in a VCR and use s-video but then I dont get teletext. I also have an xbox, gamecube, ps2, dvd player, all with scart connections (Some have phono to scart).
    Any good scart switching blocks that dont get interference?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Hash Boy

ksl19 wrote:
    Anyone know of a good TV tuner box for this plasma monitor (42" philips 420p10/00)
    Its a Plasma monitor so no tuner built in.
    It has the following inputs:
    VGA (have a laptop to run through this)
    DVI
    S-Video
    CVBS? (Is this the yellow phono lead).
    Component video,

I could just plug in a VCR and use s-video but then I dont get teletext. I also have an xbox, gamecube, ps2, dvd player, all with scart connections (Some have phono to scart).
    Any good scart switching blocks that dont get interference?

Thanks

Just buy the cheapest VCR in Powercity that has Teletext. Tuners are far too expensive as a standalone unit - especially when a VCR can play videos too - and you can probably use the scarts to route a couple of extra units through too.

Advertisement