Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ER - Dr. Weaver

• 04-04-2005 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I still think ER has some of the best writing coming from america. Last nights episode surrounding Dr. Weaver was very well written.

I don't think their are many US dramas that get away with having simple yet profound conversations between their characters.

I was lossing hope up until last night with ER. I like all the bussing about in the ER but sometimes a simple storyline is just as appealing.

I was sure they had forgotten about Dr. Weaver. Her character has to be one of the best characters on TV where you can hate them and then feel pity for them.

Pity about the way the keep replacing older characters with rehashes coming from different characters.

IE
    Julienne Marguilles (sp?) -> Maura Teriney (abby) -> Linda Cardellina (sp)(Sam).

Noah Whyle (Dr. Carter) -> the new guy whos going out with abby

and

George Cooney (Dr. Ross) -> The Croation Doctor (whats his name?)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭whatalanger

E.R. has been crap since they got rid of Dr. Romano

Romano was great tv yeah, but it hasn't been crap, just not quite so good.

ER has gone downhill a good bit lately. The best episode of the season so far was the real time episode with Ray Liotta. The majority of the rest have been mediocre at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Bit of a disappointment learning about her leg...
    conjenital (sp?) hip displacement
    ... not really a spoiler, just thought I'd make it look more interesting... which it really needed to be since people have been wondering about it for years...

... well I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ye that was a good ep last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I haven't watched ER in about three years now :( When I came up to college in first year, I didn't have a TV in my room so was unable to watch it.

That was around the time when Abby was an intern or something? And I think Dr. Greene had just left. George Clooney rocked that show, I was so sad to see him go :( I used to watch it religiously, never missed an episode, but am so out of touch now with it.

*edit* Whatever happened to Dr. Benton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

*edit* Whatever happened to Dr. Benton?

He went to a private hospital so he could look after his deaf son. Less hours more money.

I've been meaning to get back into it for a while now. I think I'll start watching again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭mad m

Bring back Dr.Greene,make it out like it was all dream and he wakes up in Weavers bed while she is in shower.

Sort of like the way bobby came back in Dallas :D

And Dr. Carter is leaving this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Elmo wrote:
    And Dr. Carter is leaving this season.

He's not leaving completely (thankfully)! He'll be in this season, then for the next 2 seasons he'll be appearing in 4 episodes. Not sure about after that, the show is only definite until 2008 so we'll have to see does he continue part-time after that! It's the only program I refuse to miss on tv, I love the way all the characters are written, even the ones I hate I can see are written well. Croatian doctor's name is Kovac btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Elmo wrote:
    The Croation Doctor (whats his name?)

Luka Kovach (dunno how to spell it).

Does anyone else find that med student Jane really annoying? She was Ray's med student last sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

Jane's driving me off the wall!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

Plunky wrote:
    Jane's driving me off the wall!..
    wasn't she the daughter in roseanne?

wasn't she the daughter in roseanne?

Yes

and elliot in Scrubs was the other daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Elmo wrote:
    Yes

Wierd. The Conners did alright for themselves in the end, didn't they?:D

ER is one of those shows that's never had a bad episode. Sure, some episodes are less good than others, but I can't ever remember thinking "that was crap, I'm never watching again." Came close when the chopper fell on Romano, but still watched. And I still rock back and forth at the psyche scarring trauma of Lucy's death...

Lucy ... was she the one who was going out with Carter?

The most interesting thing Lucy ever did was die, but she did it with agonising style. Yeah, she fancied Carter, Carter treated her like crap, he sent her in to check on a nutcase, he stabbed them up good. Lurve hurts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The most interesting thing Lucy ever did was die, but she did it with agonising style. Yeah, she fancied Carter, Carter treated her like crap, he sent her in to check on a nutcase, he stabbed them up good. Lurve hurts.

ER really hit a peak with that... we won't see those days again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

tis still good but it will never reach the quality of the psycho stabbing lucy or dr greene getting the **** kicked out of him in the bathroom and then carrying a gun in his briefcase while still being a comical coward

• Advertisement

You know, I was convinced I could still remember the psycho's name... I want to say Paul. Ribisi? Ribeiro?

Anyhoo, I finally got to see the aforementioned Weavercentric episode. If Noah Wyle's going, does that leave Innes the longest staffer there?

Anyhoo, I finally got to see the aforementioned Weavercentric episode. If Noah Wyle's going, does that leave Innes the longest staffer there?

Both Jing May and Dr. (Sherry Springfeild) whatshername where in the orignal series. I think Springfeild left after the second season. And I think Dr. Weaver is only there since the 3th season.

But consective years yes Dr. Weaver is the longest there.

Oh! and don't for get all the back ground nurse who have been there since the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Elmo wrote:
    Yes

Off and on... and off and on again.

No she took over from the orginal girl. And the orginal girl came back for the final series.

Big joke.

Rosanne: Where have you been all this time?
    Old Daughter: Oh Just around.

That centered around one episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I can recall in one episode from scene to scene the daughter would change back and forth between Sarah Chalke and the other daughter actress and a credit would come up saying "Sarah Chalke/other girl as....whatever the daughters name was" depending on who it was. Was pretty funny.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I thought last night's episode was very good the way they tried to show what it's like for a stroke sufferer. Very well done. I really like ER but it's not a show I really hate to miss if you know what I mean!

I thought last night's episode was very good the way they tried to show what it's like for a stroke sufferer. Very well done. I really like ER but it's not a show I really hate to miss if you know what I mean!

Yep! it was a very good episode last night. Cynthia Nixon (Sex And the City) did a great job.

Elmo wrote:
    Yep! it was a very good episode last night. Cynthia Nixon (Sex And the City) did a great job.
    Is the technique they used to reverse her Stroke real? Never knew you could reverse a stroke like that so quickly.

spoiler:
    Is the technique they used to reverse her Stroke real? Never knew you could reverse a stroke like that so quickly.

Sometimes I think there afraid in ER to keep patients in for the next episode.
    We won't see the black family back in next week, but what happened to them?

• Advertisement

Elmo wrote:
    Sometimes I think there afraid in ER to keep patients in for the next episode.
    We won't see the black family back in next week, but what happened to them?

I guess they can't always follow on the stories of patients. They'd have too much to do then. You do see the odd patient return and have a continuation.
    Like yer man who got killed when Pratt was run off the road by yer man with the gun. And there was the old man who was going blind that ended up shooting himself.

I guess they can't always follow on the stories of patients. They'd have too much to do then. You do see the odd patient return and have a continuation. spoiler: Like yer man who got killed when Pratt was run off the road by yer man with the gun. And there was the old man who was going blind that ended up shooting himself.

True, but some of the best storylines come from reoccuring patients.

Why the spoiler?

Elmo wrote:
    True, but some of the best storylines come from reoccuring patients.

Why the spoiler?
    I reckon there may be some people who are way behind or you'll always get someone giving out if you give a plot away whether it be current or years ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 yowsaa

Although i myself am an ex-criticiser of the spoiler , i hav 2 say i like it now ! oh and also i love E.r and watch on e4 so am waaaayyyyyyy behind RTE ppls! :eek:

E4 are only a week behide RTE. I think C4 could be even futher behind them.

RTE started before xmas and then took a break and then return to the serie.

Advertisement