Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Movie 'Toy' - Ins

• 04-04-2005 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I was looking around some of the toy shops in Dublin yesterday and the new toy lines for Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Batman Begins are out.

There is some great stuff in there. There's a Palpitine who turns into Darth Sidious, complete with light up force lightening. Oh and an Anakin to Darth Vader transformation figure. Oh and the voice changer Darth Vader helmet with realistic Darth Vader breathing sounds is pretty cool too.

There is even a Fisher Price style Millennium Falcon.

The Batman Begins toys are fairly boring. There is about 7 different versions of Batman with different armor and gadgets. But they do have a Scarecrow action figure that is pretty cool... especially as I haven't seen any photos of what he'll look like in the film. He looks pretty good, he's wearing a straight jacket and a mask that looks very similar to the one worn by the serial killer in the Night Breed film. Oh, and when you move his arm, his head spins round to show an even scarier face.

There was one toy that I simply couldn't resist buying though... and that was the talking Edna Mode doll. She's great, you talk to her and she responds to you. You can get some great fashion tips... and she only cost €14.99.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its funny, before Star Wars Episode 1 came out, I remember stores selling original trilogy figures for 1.99, I picked up loads of them....when the new movies started arriving, the price jumped back up again.

I also remember in a poundshop getting an Endor scout and Speeder Bike set for €2, it was an imitation, but one of those rare instances where it was actually almost indistingushable from the original. :)

How much are the new figures? They look pretty cool, but don't you just know they are going to rape the wallets of parents (and some adults too :p ) world wide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

The Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head Man looks cool - EUR15 in HMV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

ObeyGiant wrote:
    The Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head Man looks cool - EUR15 in HMV.

Oh yes. I forgot to mention him.

My nephew came back from Japan the other day with 3 of the standard action figures... Vader, Grievious and Sidious.

Grievious comes with 4 arms and 4 light sabers.

At least they've done away with those stupid talking chips that came with the Phantom Menace toys. Everyone sounded like the battle droids on the things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Ya know what were cool tho?!! The big interactive figures you could get of obi wan, darth maul and the other guy liam neeson played (not a massive star wars fan.) They each had their own stand but when linked to one another the battle music and lightsabre sounds came on and they interacted a fight between them with darth maul in the being in the centre!! I just remember bein sozzled at a new years party and one of the lads had em and i literally spent the nite running away to play em!! savage jobs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

My girlfriend loves Marvin from Hitchiker's Guide.. must try and find a teddy of it or something when the movie comes out.

Anyone know if any are available yet, or will be available at some point?

EDIT: Never mind.. see here and here

Some of the Sin City toys are cool:
    http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=6620
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=19827

• Advertisement
Advertisement