Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica 2005

Options
  • 04-04-2005 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hey guys anyone know the official date for the 05 metallica concert in dublin and when the tickets go on sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Don't think they're playing this year, far as I know their on a long vacation, then back in the studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

They're not playing this year. The tour finished a few months ago after 18months.
    I think they'll be going into the studio soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

If they finish there album they will come man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Metallica haven't been any good for years since they started trying too hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

litirspam wrote:
    True I prefer listening to their older original tracks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pfft... Forget about Metallica, listen to Cryptospy instead, they've got a drummer who can actually play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

litirspam wrote:
    Metallica are brilliant , saw them last year and the year before in Dublin , they were absolutelty brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Metallica are brilliant , saw them last year and the year before in Dublin , they were absolutelty brilliant!!
    they were good 2003, but last year was pretty bad. especially after slipknot's energetic performance, really made metallica look old hat

Ah im not much of a slipknot fan , they put on a great show like but i was kinda only there for metallica , yea i thought 2003 was way better so much more energetic or something , but i still thought 2004 was great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Mohanned

Metallica are brilliant but lars is a bassa firstly. Secondly he is my cousin. Third they are not playing unless they finish there album and looks like they wont finish it off in time to be honest. How do I know cuz "LARS IS MY COUSIN"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Quik

man that sucks they were awsome both years and i agree with slipknot ending on duality there was a sense of anti climax thanx for the feed back

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Quik wrote:
    hey guys anyone know the official date for the 05 metallica concert in dublin and when the tickets go on sale?

just wondering where you picked that up?
    they played two years in row here did you just assume they'd be here this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

this was on the meallica forums:

Metallica are on vacation.They should be back in studio soon to start making the new album.

UPDATE-March 17th

According to the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, METALLICA guitarist Kirk Hammett was spotted having dinner with friends Friday (March 11) at Roy's in Hawaii Kai. "He stood out from the crowd with his rock-star looks and retro aloha shirt," according to the report.METALLICA are currently taking time off but hope to begin working on a new album later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Quik

no actually i read an interveiw in an e-zine that said they were trying to organised their next tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

edson wrote:
    they played two years in row here did you just assume they'd be here this year?
    Look at RHCP. They should be shot. Sorry, but I've a serious gripe with MCD's prices for RHCP's (lack of) showmanship :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

I've seen metallica 4 times, but their last good album was 14 years ago. (black album). Even then they were going down the road of releasing up to 4 or 5 'limited edition" cd singles of the same song. St anger is a scam. 'Free DVD!' bulls hit. EUR20 for an album with a dvd no one wants. Thanks a bunch.

And yes i know Metallica are artists. Rip off artists.

But they do/did a really good live show. Missed slipknot last year tho, i could hear the melodious strains of bat on keg as i got to the RDS, then the roaring, and knew i'd missed 'em. Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Pfft... Forget about Metallica, listen to Cryptospy instead, they've got a drummer who can actually play.

Was just listening to some samples of Cryptopsy and ii have to say that its complete crap. Personally i love heavy metal, thrash, death metal. But you cannot listen to that. Every sample i listened to sounded exactly the same. I dont even think they tried to put lyrics into their songs.

This is my first impression. I going to get a hold of some full songs and give them another chance but im not holding my breath.

Missed slipknot last year tho,

You didn't miss much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I've seen metallica 4 times, but their last good album was 14 years ago. (black album). Even then they were going down the road of releasing up to 4 or 5 'limited edition" cd singles of the same song. St anger is a scam. 'Free DVD!' bulls hit. EUR20 for an album with a dvd no one wants. Thanks a bunch.

And yes i know Metallica are artists. Rip off artists.

But they do/did a really good live show. Missed slipknot last year tho, i could hear the melodious strains of bat on keg as i got to the RDS, then the roaring, and knew i'd missed 'em. Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

well, you could always just not listen to them.
    or you could always not buy their albums.

really. are people stupid?
    they go about saying metallica have been crap for the last 20 years, and still buy their records, and still complain that they are crap and rip of merchants.

by the way, what business is it of yours if the release all the songs on an album as a single.
    i mean, are you that sad and pathetic that it actually interferes with your life?
    perhaps you cry every time west life release a song as well?

Dear God no. That makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

really. are people stupid?
    they go about saying metallica have been crap for the last 20 years, and still buy their records, and still complain that they are crap and rip of merchants.

by the way, what business is it of yours if the release all the songs on an album as a single.
    i mean, are you that sad and pathetic that it actually interferes with your life?
    perhaps you cry every time west life release a song as well?

Don't you cry tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Quik wrote:
    man that sucks they were awsome both years and i agree with slipknot ending on duality there was a sense of anti climax thanx for the feed back

I thought duality was a good song to end on. It got the crowd really going and wanting more for metallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Over the last 13 years i've missed 1 metallica Concert ( 2003) i was out of the country at the time.

They are like any other band in that they have been going donkeys years, they are trying different things. Something sthey f00ked up on, others they have been getting it right.

They evolve, sometimes it's good sometimes it's utter pap.
    But not everyone is perfect, so if you don't like em as WWman said, don't listen to them.

Me i'll be listening to them for as long as i like them.

anyone that wants to flame me, remember the words :

"Don't thread on me " ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Father Jack

Metallica are gone....there a waste of space these days, the more they keep playin the more they destroy any credibility they still have, they should have broken up when Jason left and Jamez went into rehab...

i saw them in 2003 and was SOOOO disappointed with them i didnt bother goin to 2004, i most of my mates who went to both said they had a better time the first year... honestly why do people still buy there s**t, i refuse to buy st.anger,load and reload, there bloody awful...and as for S.K.O.M. what the hell was that.....

they jus go into a room act all deep, f**k around on the guitar for a while and then label it there best work so far and what they always hoped to do with Cliff, Cliff'll be turnin in his grave listenin to that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Hammett_rules

they jus go into a room act all deep, f**k around on the guitar for a while and then label it there best work so far and what they always hoped to do with Cliff, Cliff'll be turnin in his grave listenin to that

Cliff Burton was cremated, then his ashes were spread across his favourite places in San Fran...

Metallica are gone....there a waste of space these days, the more they keep playin the more they destroy any credibility they still have, they should have broken up when Jason left and Jamez went into rehab...

i saw them in 2003 and was SOOOO disappointed with them i didnt bother goin to 2004, i most of my mates who went to both said they had a better time the first year... honestly why do people still buy there s**t, i refuse to buy st.anger,load and reload, there bloody awful...and as for S.K.O.M. what the hell was that.....

some kind of monster was deadly!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Was just listening to some samples of Cryptopsy and ii have to say that its complete crap. Personally i love heavy metal, thrash, death metal. But you cannot listen to that. Every sample i listened to sounded exactly the same. I dont even think they tried to put lyrics into their songs.

This is my first impression. I going to get a hold of some full songs and give them another chance but im not holding my breath.
    :eek:

Cryptopsy = Death Metal. And good death metal at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

litirspam wrote:
    Don't you cry tonight.

that would be G'n'R.

no wonder you have no musical taste to speak of.

god, i fúcking hate angsty know it all little teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Metacortex wrote:
    They're not playing this year. The tour finished a few months ago after 18months.
    I think they'll be going into the studio soon.
    They're supposed to be playing in October, in RDS. Supposedly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

And your source for that is....

Advertisement