Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish visa/citizenship Question

• 04-04-2005 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

hi. Ive been going out with an American Girl for about 2 years now and shes expressed interest in Possibly moving here for a while. The problem we are having is what channels are open and whats available. She rang the Irish Embassy closest to her and they said she cannot apply for Irish Citizenship as she doesnt have Any Irish Blood relatives.
    She is in College over there studying and im working over here. Apart from getting married what are our options does anyone know?

gar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

? anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

I don't have any solid info - you're best bet would be the Dept of Foreign Affairs
    Or you could try Oasis

An American guy I used to work with got the company to organise him a work visa which allowed him to stay but I've no idea how difficult or easy this was.

Best of luck!

I just thought, if she's still studying I don't think there's any problem if she were to register in an college over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hi bomb idol, you have to be able to prove that your girlfriend wont be a burden on the state, like coming over to claim social welfare or something (i know she wouldnt, but thats how the immigration people have to see it) ive been through this with my wife as shes american. If you want to pm with with any other questions go ahead :) best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

what is she studying in college??

I was in a similar boat with my gf. There are a few options...

1) She could continue her studies here...
    2) There are certain job categories (IT, Architecture, Nursing,...) where there is a skills shortage and she can get a visa very quickly and easily if her degree is in that area..

• Site Banned Posts: 159 ✭✭Drummer

She has 2 options;

1. get a company to offer her work here in writing guaranteeing it for 2 or 3 years. She can then show this to immigration

2. get someone here to sponsor her, agreeing to support her financially so that she does not become a burden on the state.

• Advertisement
Advertisement