Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why didn't Juan Pablo Montoya race in Bahrain??

• 04-04-2005 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

McLaren were pretty guarded when asked to explain Montoya's 'injury' that would prevent him from racing.

So there's three rumors, each as dumbass as each other!

1) Tennis injury; yeah right, JP doesn't really seem the 'tennis kind' eh?

2) Motorbike injury; now this seems bad-ass enough for a slickster like JP, and ye can see why the team would want to cover it up(insurance)

3) Team doctors banned him from racing because he is so fat and unfit at the moment that it would have been life-threatening; he was supposedly badly affected by the race in Sepang, and they knew Bahrain would be even hotter, and ye can clearly see why they'd want to cover that news up!

Why didn't JP Montoya race? 7 votes

Tennis incident
    0%
    Motorbike accident
    71%
    Corben DallasTE0NdinjoFeenikusuCurran 5 votes
    Pies - tubby likes his pies(too much)
    28%
    irishman_abroadMagown3 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Who cares how the injury happened. Bottom line is it doesn't matter how it happened. Are they going to ban him from playing tennis or motorbiking? No.

Why the fat jibes? Oh because D.C. says he's fat. Who the f**k does David Coulthard think he is. What the f**k as he ever done in F1? Nothing. He is sh*t driver who has demorilsed by all of his teammates throughout his career. Even Klein is better than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Why the fat jibes? Oh because D.C. says he's fat.
    No, because frank williams complained that he was overweight, and barichello nicknamed him "fatty". Coulthard and Montoya have disliked and have been making negative comments about each other for a while.
    Who the f**k does David Coulthard think he is. What the f**k as he ever done in F1? Nothing. He is sh*t driver who has demorilsed by all of his teammates throughout his career. Even Klein is better than him.
    tbh, talking like that, you're lowering yourself to his supposed level. Coulthard has won 13 races in 10 years, compared to four in four for montoya. He finished on the podium in over 40% of all races between 1995 and 2002. I don't appreciate coulthard's view on where the sport should be headed, but he's hardly as bad a driver as you're making him out to be.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

With regards the weight thing, didn't McLaren manage to shave a few pounds off him when he joined in some training program?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Balfa wrote:
    tbh, talking like that, you're lowering yourself to his supposed level. Coulthard has won 13 races in 10 years, compared to four in four for montoya. He finished on the podium in over 40% of all races between 1995 and 2002. I don't appreciate coulthard's view on where the sport should be headed, but he's hardly as bad a driver as you're making him out to be.

To be fair to Montoya he has never had a consistent race winning car and has been in Formula1 in the era of Michael Schumacher/Ferrari dominance. Montoya has proven that he is a winner. F3000 champion, CART champion, Indy 500 winner. He's done it all outside of F1 and given the right equipment he would blow the field away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Wasn't his wife expecting their first baby over the weekend?? I'm sure he just got the race off to be with her and the injury was just a excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

moantoya is well over rated, look Jack Vil did in the states and look at his season in a williams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Motorbike accident
    Probably because he fell off his tennis ball shaped Motorbike! :p

3) third option is DC's little joke about fat ppl often get injured when they lose a lot of weight :|

JPM has dropped the weight since joining McLaren this year and is as good as Kimi, Villeneuve is a has been and will be dropped in the next few races.

JPM is a quality F1 driver and future champion.

The fact that Connie Montoya was about to pop could have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Tennis injury; yeah right, JP doesn't really seem the 'tennis kind' eh?

Eh...

jpm_tennis_001.jpg

jpm_tennis_004.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Ah I was only messing, this poll was just a joke, ye have to admit the fat option does seem probable, and would explain the shoddy info regarding his injury, but I'd put my money on the motorbike! He's a bike nut, but isn't supposed to ride them for insurance reasons.

The guy mightn't be as uberfit as the rest of them, but he's still a quality driver with a bright future and more heart than half the field put together. And F1 needs big personalities more than ever these days!

I'd rate him far higher than Kimi though!

I'm not liking the needless JV bashing though!! imo the guy was misguided by the powers that be at BAR, they always promised him far better cars than they could produce, so he took solace in his huge paycheck. But I still think that if they had of dumped JB and kept JV last year, Schumi wouldn't be the defending champion this season!!

jpm_tennis_004.jpg

How uncomfortable does he look here?!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Doper Than U

Yeah I know you were messing, but I couldn't resist. Too easy ;)

Yeah JPM is good, Kimi is good.. Alonso is the man though as far as I'm concerned. I don't know if I'd rate JPM higher than Kimi, even though he is more exciting to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I do like my pies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Motorbike accident
    Quick comment on the David Coulthard issue!
    Crap driver...IMO anyways!
    When he did get results....was in a decent car...only reason he's getting this season with the RBR team is cos every car in front of his f**Ked up!

Anyone remember when the idiot crashed into the pit wall when trying to gain time entering the pitlane??.....Think he was driving for Williams at the time!

Anyone remember!.......nearly wet myself when i seen it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

At least Montoya tries to overtake on occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 TE0N

Motorbike accident
    Yea, its a pity Montoya wasn't racing, especially with Mclaren being very competitive over the past two races.
    Anyone remember when the idiot crashed into the pit wall when trying to gain time entering the pitlane??.....Think he was driving for Williams at the time!

It was 1995 at Aledaide...heres the link
    http://www.crashesonline.com/menu_f1_90.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭dinjo

Motorbike accident
    EH HELLO!!!!

JPM himself pubicaly came out and said he injured his elbow playing tennis.... Am i the only person that saw the interview!!!

CASE CLOSED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

1351109685896.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

dinjo wrote:
    EH HELLO!!!!

JPM himself pubicaly came out and said he injured his elbow playing tennis.... Am i the only person that saw the interview!!!

CASE CLOSED
    roffle

Advertisement