Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using BB on USB or Network Card

• 04-04-2005 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

sounds like a stupid question but I need to ask it. I am currently connecting to my ESAT BT ZyXel modem/router using USB, if I changed to a network card would it change connection rates or will everything remain the same.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Biggest change is , better features, like native hardware support, always on-connectivity :-) ie, not having to wait until you log into windows for it to be active, better compatibilty with various software perhaps, and just easier to setup and maintain, and certainly not expensive, you can get an add-in Ethernet NIC card for under €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭julius

Your speeds should not change if you choose to connect to your DSL/Router with a Cat5e/NIC.

But as JNive has already said setup/driver and future networking probs with USB will be gone.

Get a NIC as life will be much simpler using a dedicated connection rather than a virtual network connection that USB creates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 McSqueeb

thanks for the info, I have switched over to a network card :)

Advertisement