Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looks VS Personality

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

also, if a girl is hot but has no personality, I will (as a favour to her) take her on as a project and improve her personality by enforcing mine on hers. hehe.

nah but seriously, some girls wont be the most attractive but have potential. all they need is a good fella to bring them out of their shell and fill them with confidence and before u know it, they'll be very attractive! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

slap the fat and ride the waves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

cant work without both for me, im really energetic and constantly on the look out for a laugh. my previous g'friend was a size 12 when we met, really nice looking and a energetic personality. after about 5 months i noticed her putting on a little weight which didnt bother me what so ever, i think its totally healthy. after the 8 month mark she had gone up to a size 16, at this point it did bother me the reason being she stopped playing rugby and hurling while we were going out, gotten lazy,chain smoked ,cried on my shoulder evey day about her weight without doing anything about it....i brought her to the gym(bring a horse to water but cant make drink...etc), i changed my diet with her, i was 100% supportive but she wanted to lose the weight as fast as the weight was gained and wasnt prepared to work for it(many an arguement ensued!)

the most distressing of the lot was near the end, i got the impression she had us married off (we were both 20 then), she was talking about kids alot and the day she told me she could be pregnant i nearly lost me life, oh and apparently four weeks previous she had gone off the pill (without telling me) cos it was "the reason" why she had put on all the weight. thankfully twas a false alarm, i'd like to believe she had'nt planned to "trap" me with a gossen but i didnt stick around to find out.

with my current g/f nearly 2 fantastic years, it must be a perfect personality match or something cos it just works (helps that i think she is super-stunning in my eyes, probably just regular old stunning to every1 else!)

in all i think its hit n miss alot of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

The_B_Man wrote:
    nah but seriously, some girls wont be the most attractive but have potential. all they need is a good fella to bring them out of their shell and fill them with confidence and before u know it, they'll be very attractive! ;)

true enough, some girls and fellas just have no sense how to dress or act when they go out which can disadvantage them in the courtship ritual straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭taby

Hmmm well i'd say personality beats looks hands down. But than again you do have to be attrcated to the person. Like if there's no chemistry that way than why are you with them? But what i find attractive someone else might not find attractive and thus looks depends on who's looking. Personality tho means that when looks goes ( like when they're 80 or so or more) u still have someone to talk to. My mum also always said that they could be the best looking guy in the world but if they aren't your friend first than after the 'heat' is gone you'll have nothing to hold onto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

taby wrote:
    My mum also always said that they could be the best looking guy in the world but if they aren't your friend first than after the 'heat' is gone you'll have nothing to hold onto.
    Ah, motherly advice. Don't ya just love it?

Christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

One thing that I realised that is very important to me is that the person is intelligent and witty, I get very bored if I can not hold a decent conversation with them on wide ranging issues. I do not think that looks are important if the person has a sexy voice but otherwise I do need them to have both on mature reflection.

Advertisement