Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart suing Eircom?

• 04-04-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

A mate of mine has signed up for Smart and he got a call from them today saying that Eircon are not allowing Smart to use the their phone numbers so when they're changed over Smart subscribers will have to get a new number. To stop this happening Smart told him that they're suing Eircom and this will cause a delay in going live.

I can't find anything about this online (Smart's or Eircon's sites). Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

see the 'smart live' thread from late last week for a workaround involving forwarding the eircom number or parking in the exchange for €8 a month. I figured an extra €14 a month on top of the €35 would cover the situation for 6 months while they sorted the number porting issue .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You don't have a link do you - the search doesn't seem to be working for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

read every thread title on this Board with the words "Live" AND "Smart" back to 31/03/2005 .

then read the thread itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

This is the post Sponge Bob is referring to, I think:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2554490&postcount=55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Should have posted - I did find it - thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement