Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - will this be licensed?

Options
  • 04-04-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Anybody know if this is going to be liecensed in the US or the EU? I bought a japanese import (from animovies) of this last year but the subtitles were appalling, and I would like to buy it again if I could get a good quality version ie the subs not 5 secs out of synch.

If it is not going to be liecensed does anybody know where I could get this fansubbed, not torrents.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Unknown. It has not been lisenced yet, and tbh I cant imagine someone lisencing a series like that while (in the same vein) a series like Kanon remains unlisenced. That said, it certainly still could be lisenced at any time, most stuff that gets any decent fansub coverage generally is these days.

As for fansubs, unfortunately Kiminozo was under the umbrella of Media Factory in Japan, and therefore got hit with the requests to stop fansub distribution. You could probably find some fansubs on IRC if you look around, but I have no idea where.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

Asuka wrote:
    I cant imagine someone lisencing a series like that while (in the same vein) a series like Kanon remains unlisenced.

I don't get what you mean, do you like Kanon and dislike KGNE?
    If so, although I haven't seen Kanon, I am led to believe that the two are very similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

The two are similar in that they are both anime adaptations of renai games. The general feel is quite similar, although their stories are completely different. I dont dislike either, but Kanon was nothing short of amazing (both game and anime) while Kiminozo, well, WAS short of amazing :) (although the game was better than the anime).

A

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

I'll have to check Kanon out if it is comparatively so good. I thought that KGNE was one of the best character driven animes I have ever seen.

Advertisement