Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EvE - Who's still playing?

Options
  • 04-04-2005 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Well I've been on in drips & drabs.. I've completely lost touch with my corp and I cant remember a single load out...

so who's still playing and what are you doing with yourself? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I just started playing this weekend and its been real good so far. Go into a good corp and got some cash to buy a new ship and skills from them.

Steep learning curve though. I'm a Caldari in the Elite Force corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

Unfortunately I've just cancelled my account haven't played much since the new patch. I just didn’t like the changes they made.
    I'm now playing EQ2 with some of my corp. mates from eve so my time is spent there..

Hope u guys that are still playing enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Stokolan wrote:
    Unfortunately I've just cancelled my account haven't played much since the new patch. I just didn’t like the changes they made.
    I'm now playing EQ2 with some of my corp. mates from eve so my time is spent there..

Hope u guys that are still playing enjoy it :)

I'm with ya on that man, I havent been impressed with the new system and the change I feel made it less fun to play (I dont know why, so dont ask :D ) it just does.
    Plus the corp I have been with are so up there own arse I've just lost interest with them so I'm selling up in FA space and moving back to empire to seek an alternate corp.
    hmm I'll hopefully make about 1bil off the lot so I should be comfortable in empire for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

so I'm selling up in FA space and moving back to empire to seek an alternate corp.

what's this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I haven't played in months, but it probably means..

FA/Fountain Alliance, one of the massive corporation alliances in the game

moving back to empire (space) ie. high security, low reward for mining/cant easily pirate. As opposed to 0.0 space which is where the profit and danger lie.

• Advertisement

Moriarty wrote:
    I haven't played in months, but it probably means..

FA/Fountain Alliance, one of the massive corporation alliances in the game

moving back to empire (space) ie. high security, low reward for mining/cant easily pirate. As opposed to 0.0 space which is where the profit and danger lie.

Yep thats pretty much it in a nutshell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I actually like the recent changes. My corp just built a POS in low sec Empire space. Its cool to have a place to refit and keep ships in a 0.2 system without a station. We got careless at the weekend though and lost a barge to a fast pirate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i started playing the 14 day trial, my flatmates have been playing a while and they are loaded. one of em even has one of every battleship blueprint

but will they share, well apart from 200k for skills and my imacus......

its enjoyable so far because while im learning all my skills i have it running in the background of EQ2 :)

its enjoyable so far because while im learning all my skills i have it running in the background of EQ2

You probably just typed that incorrectly but just in case, you dont have to be logged in to progress with skills. Thye are automatic and you progress regardless. :D

no i didnt type it incorrectly, i sit at an asteroid belt mining away while one of my flatmates uses his hauler to bring the cargo to a station.
    i check in at my alarm time to setup my next skill :D

• Advertisement

Ahh ok, sorry i miss understood. :o

speaking of corpos, theres 4 of us looking for a good corp any recomendations, we all play from our apartment and work well as a team :D

I'd recommend having a go at setting up your own corp, especially if there is four of you there.
    Head into the recruit channel and start to grab some rookies and get them mining :D
    If you do setup be extremely carefull who you give access to, corp theft is out there and can be one extreme kick in the nuts if it happens to you.

I'm semi retired at the moment.(been playing since may 03', need something new for the moment) I'll return eventually, but WoW has taken over my interest for the time being.

we all joined a corp called Exodus, 190 members, got a TS server, nice bunch.
    gave us all 10-15 million each and a cruiser as a joining up reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

lol, nice :o

jaggeh wrote:
    we all joined a corp called Exodus, 190 members, got a TS server, nice bunch.
    gave us all 10-15 million each and a cruiser as a joining up reward.

10 - 15 each... damn thats nice. Things must be seriously changing in eve for corps now to be handing out a sign up fee of that much isk.

as far as i can see 15 mill is chump change, they own a sector of space about 20-30 systems, and they patrol it well, one guy easily makes 100-200 mill per run mining in 0.0

the funniest thing is listening to the patrol crew
    A: hey theres [x]....
    B: kill him, see if you can start a war with his corp
    A: k
    a minute later
    A: hes dead
    B: Cool

i spent like 3 mill buying skills last night, most of which i cant use, i also bought a new ship a Maulus, its one of the nicer looking ships i have seen so far.

gonna be a couple of weeks before i can fly the thorax :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

Still playing but solo but Im starting to get bored of that and Im getting the itch to see if i can find a decent pvp corp to go blow stuff up with.

While a cruiser and 15 mil is pocket change to older players its damn hard to get when you start off, I remember mining in frigates at retail start trying to get people into vexors, let alone thoraxs, them were the days.

Zekiel were you one of the lads Celt got recruited into AFDT?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah im still playin it.

lol

Well I just went and lost a Raven today

Here's a hint avoid Akora!
    Camped by around 30 members of Infinius Odium & 4S Corporation
    I did manage to take out a Vigil before they got me though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Try coming to syndicate to make your fortune! No pesky alliances here to bother you, just lightyear after lightyear of pristine untouched 0.0 space ;)

Yeah if you can get past the Camps along the Way :rolleyes:

you could always apply to exodus, they had an 80 man blob attacking the titan, that was so funny to hear on TS, especially when it started smart bombing :)

i got ganked by an apoc in a .4 system, guy podded me too, within 5 minutes there was 3 ravens and a deimos there and they tore him to shreds.

i lost my trusty tristan :(
    so now im in a catalyst.

btw heres some easy money in alenia, go to the duvol station, if you can take the missions from the agent of interest there she gives you a mission called 'the bronze man' its exeedingly easy, a simple courier to maximum 3 jumps, sometimes even in same system. when you complete it you get a BP for a foiritan statue and a foiritan voucher, the vouchers sell for 350k each. last night while training my gunnery skills up i did this mission 5 times in a row, thats 1.75 mill isk :P
    not bad for somone who can only fly a destroyer.

Snow wrote:
    Still playing but solo but Im starting to get bored of that and Im getting the itch to see if i can find a decent pvp corp to go blow stuff up with.

While a cruiser and 15 mil is pocket change to older players its damn hard to get when you start off, I remember mining in frigates at retail start trying to get people into vexors, let alone thoraxs, them were the days.

Zekiel were you one of the lads Celt got recruited into AFDT?

Yep i was one of them, still actually there until I can sell all my named guns, BS's & BP's as I'm not arsed attempting to haul them back to empire, then I'm moving back to empire to start over with another corp & most likely alliance. About 80% of that corp is now in BIG.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ya, i've been following the titan theft on the forums, since i cant play at the moment (stupid exams). sounds like the best event so far. wish i was there.

and i can finally fly my enyo now. next step is a sleek sexy megathron :)

The titan has 17 million shields, the most we saw it get down to was 97%
    then it smartbombed like 30 frigates and jumped 4 systems away

Titan theft?? nice.. any screenies?

there will be a fraps music video available soon, one of my corp is doing one up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

here's few links for pics nad frapps vid's of the titan theft.

http://www.toptechpcs.co.uk/eve/titan/titan.html

http://www.jubacorp.com/titan_hunt_lq.avi

http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/sswq/titan.avi

and the titan has 35million shield, and 8 million armour :)

• Advertisement

is the titan not actually firing back?

I've only watched one of the vids... but it looks borderline fake.

Advertisement