Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn Of The Dead (2004) DVD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

Tusky wrote:
    I was just about to buy the 'Dawn Of The Dead' remkae on dvd but I noticed the Directors Cut is cheaper.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=478287&p=57&g=72&pa=sr
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=174732&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

anyone know why ? I prefer the cover of the normal version...which versions better?
    i prefer the newer version, i think its more entertaining, and the older version is now a bit dated. However the the old one is THE classic and that will never change.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There isn't too much added to the directors cut. But the extra scenes that are in there are good.

I'm trying to remember what they were... I think there is more stuff going on with the mall secuirity guards in the directors cut.

If the directors cut is cheaper, then definitely go for that.

bonzai bob wrote:
    i prefer the newer version, i think its more entertaining, and the older version is now a bit dated. However the the old one is THE classic and that will never change.
    These are both the remake that was in the cinema last year. The directors cut has a few extra scenes that you won't have seen in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

These are both the remake that was in the cinema last year. The directors cut has a few extra scenes that you won't have seen in the cinema.

I'll go for directors cut then...pitty that the cover of the other one is better though!!!

478287m.jpg
    174732m.jpg

Tusky wrote:
    I'll go for directors cut then...pitty that the cover of the other one is better though!!!
    I agree... The zombie face is pretty cool.

My directors cut was region 1 I think. But it was the same box and it had one of those tatty cardboard slip on things as well...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Moved at the request of Tusky.

Draco wrote:
    Moved at the request of Tusky.

Thanks, posted it in the wrong forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

The R3 Director's Cut / Unrated Edition has the coolest box :D

Director's Cut Region 3

The zombie face on the white box works really well (the black sticker in the photo is just on the sheet of plastic wrapping, so there really isn't any clutter on the cover once opened) -- then the disc on the inside is the same zombie face but it's been blown apart by a shotgun so there's all brain matter & gore on the disc :p

There's also a 'Premium Edition' R3 edition, not sure what the difference is, but the box is also better than the R1/2 ones.

Premium Edition

At the end of the day, the director's cut is definitely better than the theatrical release, adds a few good character-building scenes to the mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

woops, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

TCamen wrote:
    The R3 Director's Cut / Unrated Edition has the coolest box :D

Director's Cut Region 3

The zombie face on the white box works really well (the black sticker in the photo is just on the sheet of plastic wrapping, so there really isn't any clutter on the cover once opened) -- then the disc on the inside is the same zombie face but it's been blown apart by a shotgun so there's all brain matter & gore on the disc :p

There's also a 'Premium Edition' R3 edition, not sure what the difference is, but the box is also better than the R1/2 ones.

Premium Edition

At the end of the day, the director's cut is definitely better than the theatrical release, adds a few good character-building scenes to the mix.

Premium Edition adds DTS sound, and I think its a Japanese release so probably find it is actually Region2, where as 'R3 Director's Cut / Unrated Edition ' is Asian (HongKong) release

• Advertisement

That white box is definitely cool! I really love this remake, pitty the 'day of the dead' remake looks a bit crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I loved the film too. Its not the first time ive seen director`s cuts cheaper than the normal version.

I dont have this one on DVD yet i might just pick it up for myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

My gf bought me a copy of this when it was released, its an asian region dvd, directors cut with the zombie face on the front. Its a classic movie tho, absolutely brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Sometimes, when I wake up screaming at how bad Resident Evil was, I pretend that Dawn of the Dead '04 was the Resident Evil film. That makes everything better.

The creepy little zombie kid cover is cooler, but the Director's cut is just that subtle bit nastier. See Jogger the Zombie for details.

I picked up the directors cut during the week. I was rewatching my favourite parts and I have to say that the added bits are very well done. They subtlely up the terror and none of it feels like filler.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think I may end up buying this. After seeing it in the cinema I figured I probably wouldn't, but I'm getting the itch to see it again. Even if just for the pisstake version of Disturbed's "Down with the sickness" in the middle. Or the A-team homage with the van....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I was thinking about getting this, the Director's Cut that is. Does anyone know if any shops in town stock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

buy it on the web, miuch cheaper....

Use http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/ to find the cheapest site...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bleh delivery takes too long, I want it now :D.

Advertisement