Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uk message center number

Options
  • 04-04-2005 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

does anybody no what the uk message center number is.
    i was in the north at the weekend,sending messages. im voda IRL,if i was 2 put the uk message center number into my profile n send messages though it would i get charged at uk rate instead of d roaming rate?

just a thought

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

No. Networks will not allow anyone other than their own subscribers to send messages through their SMSC regardless of if you're roaming on that network.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

not true, remember a couple of years back the message center numbers that were floating around for the free messages, well theses numbers were the eastern european states coming on line and some other countries, and they were trying out there messages center number before it they into full use. we could use the foreign msg number no problem then and I remember doing it with more than one foreign number.

so would the same principle not apply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It is never intentional. There are always some badly configured SMSCs in the world that will work, but not when the networks realise what's going on. Hence you will not find such numbers widely publicised as the networks will stop it as soon as they notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

I don't think this works dude to be honest tried it before..

Advertisement