Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL connection speed deteriorating over time

• 04-04-2005 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I have a curious one. If this has been covered before in one of the many threads about the upgrade, apologies. When I reset the router I get 2048/128 and speeds at about 1.7Mbps according to irishisptest.com. If I let it sit there the connection speed goes down over time. Right now it's about 1400/128. If I reset it will go back up 2048kbps again. I suspect something is bad with the line, but it's a bit odd that it actually works at the higher speeds. Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'd say wait it out til the 8th before complaining about any problems, they are still working apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

be happy its working at all. Some ppls's connections are completly f*cked!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Blaster99 wrote:
    I have a curious one. If this has been covered before in one of the many threads about the upgrade, apologies. When I reset the router I get 2048/128 and speeds at about 1.7Mbps according to irishisptest.com. If I let it sit there the connection speed goes down over time. Right now it's about 1400/128. If I reset it will go back up 2048kbps again. I suspect something is bad with the line, but it's a bit odd that it actually works at the higher speeds. Anyone else seeing this?

I think this has been happening to a lot of people. I had it yesterday. I can't say I've seen it happen today. Just tested and it's still just over 1.7megabits. Teething problems, hopefully that simple...

Advertisement