Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool Vs. Juventus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

wooohoooo!

Hyppia

we're sticking it to them

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Liverpool!!!!!!!!!

Hyypia!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Maybe hell is in on the act???

1- 0 the pool , Hypia!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get in there!!!

:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

ooooh how did baros miss that !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Liverpool will never score agains the team that kept the mighty Real out :rolleyes:

Omg!!!
    Garcia

gooooal Luis Garcia 2-0 !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

WOW!!

Garcia :eek:

DELICIOUS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

HOLY SHÍT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What a match :D

Rafa must be dancing with the Devil!!!

2-0 Garcia!!!

Goal of the season apparantly!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Cracker by Garcia, gotta keep it up

Great match so far

this is some game. c'mon liverpool you can do it!

Whadda ya mean apparently, two superbly executed volleys Garcias was excellent, keeper could do nothing about it?

Doubled the number of goals against Juve in champions league this season.

• Advertisement

What a fnckin save by carson. Keeps it at 2-0

Not a bad shot from the free either.

That defence s having trouble there, Baros looks like he will get some tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Top drawer save from carson . Excellent game so far . Baros does look very lively and seems to have his sights on target too. Juve are rattled.

Easy bro...I am a Liverpool fan myself.

Just stuck in work so did not see the goal....just saying appartenly..as according to the coms I am following it was the goal of the season!!

YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Juve goal ruled out for offside. Looks like it was a bad call by the linesman :D

We're passing it around like it was just a training game, Juve are having to chase harder and harder just to get a sniff of the ball, don't think that we will be able to keep that up unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Get it right boro, the ref blew for offside and then Juve decided to put it in the net, looked offside from the replays but you never can tell i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That disallowed goal should not have been disallowed. The linesman called it wrong. At worse it was was level, at best he was about a yard on.

Great goal from Garcia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Axel wrote:
    What a match :D
    took the words out of my mouth

will done liverpool

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Get it right boro, the ref blew for offside and then Juve decided to put it in the net, looked offside from the replays but you never can tell i suppose.

If you think it was off side from those replays, I would assume you dont understand the offside rule

That was 100% ON SIDE, look at it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If they keep this up some, nay many pundits and some on this thread are going to look pretty silly! Brilliant finnish from Hyypia I douibt he'll score another as sweetly struck. That Garcia fella, he's not bad after all.

Mike.

and mr. optism(ie. me) is going to look not so stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Superb 1st half by Liverpool , possibly best i seen since before sponsors on jerseys. Both goals were crackers (i liked 1st it was harder to keep straight)
    Liverpool simply not letting Juve play and keeping the tempo high, downside is keeping that up Juve starting to get a bit more of the ball towards end of half.

Depends now on whether Pool decide 2-0 is enough and try keep it that way, bad move unless they keep Nedved from getting behind midfield and running at defence.

Happy days goals and decent match so far.

kdjac

mayordenis wrote:
    and mr. optism(ie. me) is going to look not so stupid.
    well said

*edit* c'mon liverpool

I'd take 2-0 at this stage ! The worry one always have is that away goal - at least Dudek is on the bench. They really have to do more of the same and try and get a 3rd even if Juve do score. I reckon if they sit back, it will let Juve play their own game which would be a big mistake. Le Tallec has played very well, with a great cross for the goal. Watched match on ITV but Lawrenson / Toshack way better pundits. Lyon 1-0 up against Eindhoven by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

hats off to liverpool. I didnt give them a chance in hell. Brilliant goal by Garcia.
    I dont know what has happened Juve , its like a different team turned up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Great first half! :)

Hope we can keep Juvetus from scoring in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Well who'd have thunk it, the pool 2 0 up at halftime against Juve. If they can keep a clean sheet in the second half they are in with a great chance of progressing. 11 V11 is never a forgone conclusion . Cracking games so far I hope we're in for more of the same second half. Juve are going to have to go for them to get at least one goal back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rafael Benitez is a great manager he risked alot tonight and it has paid off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Great game so far, and fair play to Liverpool, they are passing like one of the vintage sides.

Great goal by Hyppia, but a fúcking class goal by Garcia, I mentioned in the other thread earlier about my dad crying in '89, well he has been dancing in '05 :D

I hate to say this, but even I've caught it off him, not dancing, but I have to say, come on Liverpool, more of the same.

One thing negative. Traore. He has the touch of a rapist.

Here's to more of the same in the second half.

They didnt show it at half time on tv3 so i didnt get a chance to change my mind. When i saw it, i thought that Del Piero was onside when he scored the goal and it was wrongly ruled out. If you tell me im wrong then obviously i must be then!

Boro wrote:
    They didnt show it at half time on tv3 so i didnt get a chance to change my mind. When i saw it, i thought that Del Piero was onside when he scored the goal and it was wrongly ruled out. If you tell me im wrong then obviously i must be then!

Boro mate, you are not wrong. The linesman got it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

No way, Del Piero was clearly onside when that ball was played, but in fairness, the whistle was blown well early, and the Liverpool defence seemed to stop.

TheMonster wrote:
    Just stating my opinion - I could be wrong - then again I ocould be right. thats what good about football.

I think Leverkusen were very poor in the last round - there's no use comparing that team with the one that topped the group containg Madrid, they were very understrength perticularly in defence.

I just can't see the Pool scoring against Juve in either leg. They kept Madrids attackers quite. Italian defending is far superior to any thing else in Europe.
    I love this post even more now :)

In the last three CL games liverpool have scored three, wonder what the odds on them doing the same tonight were ?

BTW, did see that again and he was on but I don't think that anybody could say certain goal as when the whistle blew Carson stopped coming out towards the ball, as it was he looped it over him as he was standing still.

BTW leonard, it is not a rule, it is a Law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mayordenis wrote:
    and mr. optism(ie. me) is going to like not so stupid.
    Really? :D Look again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Juventus were brutal against Real in the first leg but poxed their way thru
    Hopefully this wont happen this time
    They are a grossly overated side .

BTW, did see that again and he was on but I don't think that anybody could say certain goal as when the whistle blew Carson stopped coming out towards the ball, as it was he looped it over him as he was standing still.

I'll take that grudging admission then :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Liverpool 2 Juventus 0

Lawerson - " I think who ever scores the next goal wins" :rolleyes:

BTW leonard, it is not a rule, it is a Law.

Rule, or Law it was still an incorrect decision.

Good luck to liverpool in the second half and lets hope it lives up to the first.

Ooof debatable penalty decision (against). Traore is a bit of a beast isnt he?

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Really? :D Look again!

why dont you read it again and not change my words when you quote me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

What a clanger by Carson

Liverpool 2 Juve 1

crapolla

2-1, keeper error

Shame for Carson - was looking good up til then. Cannavaros header from a Zambrotta cross, palmed into his own net by Carson.

Will settle for 3-1 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement